Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb2RSx-OeLY

See what you think.

This is from the lake part of 421 heading south, back towards Shady Valley and the gas station/store.

YouTube only allows 10 min, so I had to take stuff out. Maybe next time, we will just have to go faster so that we can do the entire part under that 10 minute limit.

Rod is leading and Jim is following.

·
Registered
475 Posts
That's cool Webb! Thanks! I sure miss those roads...I went out last night, came up on a turn marked 15 MPH - I don't know why they wasted the money on the sign!;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey Web, I think there is a problem with your bike. I can hear the RPM's of your engine decreasing around the turns. :D

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Tim!
Uh, yes you can!
However, I did not die or wreck, so I think that is a good thing.

Who knows, one day, I might even get faster!

Little by little, I was improving on those turns.

I kept hearing Gary's voice in the background, "trust your tires".

I just need tons more practice out there.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
"Adding comments have been disabled for this video."
:confused: :D
Maybe a good choice.:D
Still, great to see you and your cam in action.
Good job, Webb.
Thanks for your contribution.:thumb:

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does that mean that you can't sneak one of those larger planes you fly up hear so we can load some bikes in for a free ride down and back?

Just a suggestion!

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
fasterbusa said:
Does that mean that you can't sneak one of those larger planes you fly up hear so we can load some bikes in for a free ride down and back?

Just a suggestion!
Ha! Great suggestion...where do I buy my ticket?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
fasterbusa said:

Just a suggestion!
We have one that'd haul them, but it'd be harder than hell to get them inside. Trust me when I say I've really thought about doing it!!! Not to mention, when you get down, our planes use 100 octane(leaded), so just drain some from the plane and off you go.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Just a note on US421...

....superb stretch of highway from the Kentucky border, through Tennessee and into North Carolina.....if you want to stay on two lanes, there are plenty of state highways that you can bypass the four lane portions of 421, then get right back on it and keep on motating.....it's the route I take every trip to my Sisters' in Johnson City, TN or to The Gap....

Ride Safe......:thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts