Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this normal? I've been riding for a whole three days now... right? The other night we were out riding and I decided to not ride at night cuz I've only got my permit (two more weeks of MSF course until I get my waiver). So I hop on the back of B's bike... I can't even make it on a 20 min ride on the back of his bike and he's a safe rider... I had a panic attack. Today after picking up my bike from a buddy's house it starts to down pour... I wasn't planning on taking my bike so I didn't take my gear with me... I rode 25 mins in freezing cold rain in my hoodie and jeans (B chewed me out for riding withoout my gear) and I wasn't nearly as scared as I was on a beautiful night on the back of B's bike...

Undoubtly I learned how to ride in the rain... I can't wait until tomorrow-- clear skies. :D And my MSF course! yay.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi MeiJin-

The explanation is very simple...it is fear of losing control.

This is the very same reason that a person can simultaneously be a fearless skier, motorcyclist, or skateboarder...but will be timid when he or she is on a rollercoaster at an amusement park. They can't personally manage what the rollercoaster is doing, so fear is what is manifested.

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you involved in an acident in which you were the pillion?

That would easily account for the panic attack when riding pillion again.

·
Registered
295 Posts
yea riding on the back of someoens bike would scare me more so then actually riding any day, no control of the situation

1 - 5 of 5 Posts