Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, new to this forum and the biking world in general. I'm looking into getting a bike soon. Right now I drive an 89 Mustang 5.0, and with gas at $3 a gallon it's just killin me. I'm 19, and go to college. I'm going to be trying to get into the local (Sacramento) PD recruit program, as it's a career I'd like to get into.
I'm looking at used bikes, around $2k-$4k, 600cc and smaller. I'm going to take the MSF course, and I know a couple people with bikes who can help me out. I'm not going to be a tard on it (I don't do donuts and burnouts in my car and that isn't even dangerous, why would I do a wheelie on a bike that could kill me?), I'm just lookin for somethin on which to save gas and have a little fun riding around on (and get through traffic quicker too, I always get jealous when I'm sitting in traffic and a bike just rolls on by).

so, just wanted to say hi, and that I'm not the typical "I want a gsx-r 1000 to do wheelies on and impress my friends" noob:D

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
A great bike to learn on is the Kawi EX500...(Ninja)

or the Suzuki GS500, or SV 650...

Make sure ya get all the proper gear too...:D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hammer 4 said:
Make sure ya get all the proper gear too...:D
absolutely, you wont see me riding in a tshirt and shorts. I rather like my skin, I'd rather it stay on myself than on the street. :p frame sliders too, as I know I'll fall and don't want my investment to be ruined.
every time I see a bike now, I want one. I've been lookin at ninjas, cbrs, svs, etc. on craigslist. I like the ones with fairings, i don't really care for the naked ones.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
zpyro said:

so, just wanted to say hi, and that I'm not the typical "I want a gsx-r 1000 to do wheelies on and impress my friends" noob:D
So you're just the "I want a bike to lanesplit" noob.. haha just kidding. :laughing: You could pick up a nice F3 for under $4k.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: Noobness!

Unas_the_Slayer said:
So you're just the "I want a bike to lanesplit" noob.. haha just kidding. :laughing: You could pick up a nice F3 for under $4k.
lol :twofinger yeah i'd like an f4, they look nicer (imo) and obviously are newer, and i've seen a couple under $4k

Vash said:
Suzi's SV650S have an optional fairing..
yeah i like how they look with the fairing, but havent found any decently priced ones around here ($5k+)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts