Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have spent months mentally preparing myself for my virgin visit to PG and finally may be able to do so but I need some help from you guys here!

1) I need a suit & a pair of old boots. I'm 1.7m and weigh about 70kgs (Yeah I'm a short & fat fuck, but who cares right?). I could buy myself a pair of old boots if you have any as well. Size 42. Does anybody have anything they wanna clear their wardrobe at a bargain?

2) Tuition... is anybody here keen enough to bring me for a few orientation laps around PG and show me the finer points of riding well around the track?

Any help rendered is much appreciated!! Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Don;t ride anymore otherwise i'd be willing to help. Let me check the boot store although mine are 43's

If you get stuck just get margerine to take you ( he might even have some army boots too:D )
just don't do anything he does on the track and you'll be fine:thumb:

·
Registered
409 Posts
bigphil said:
Don;t ride anymore otherwise i'd be willing to help. Let me check the boot store although mine are 43's

If you get stuck just get margerine to take you ( he might even have some army boots too:D )
just don't do anything he does on the track and you'll be fine:thumb:

army boots!!! muahahahahahahah!!!

I still remember those good old days when I was prancing around the track in those boots! how much of knob was I? (still one apprently)

but I have been sorted for some time now. Got a pair of proper gloves, boots and leathers! :)

and FS....i will be glad to show you around the track....

I am really good at showing poeple the lines they should not take, the gears they should not be in, the bikes they should not be riding and the boots they should not be wearing!:D

Give a call if you want some real professional coaching! :hurl:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Now might be the time to chat up that bird from Glen eagles FS.
You'll could well be spending a bit of time with her soon.

The birds at Mount E are crap.:crying:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Eddy, you might wanna go to Cheong Aik at Desker Road to check out the apparels.

They sell pretty decent track boots labelled "Sigma".

Its about $165, good enough if ya on a budget.

For the Race Gloves, you be in for a pleasant surprise. Alphinstars used to have their gloves manufactured in PAkistan.

The Pakistanis who owns the factor makes his regular rounds to Singapore to offer Alphinestars gloves badge in Cheong Aik's own brand.

For the same thing, you pay $80. Quite brilliant actually.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
And their suits are made in Indonesia:eek:

Ask boycie about the stiching quality:crying: Think them use Balineese raffia for that:D

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
WOLVERINE II said:
yes, they were Alpine Stars.....

and they ripped down the center!!! :eek:

Actually, that's not quite true.

They ripped at all the seems around his back and arse.

Of course, if he has just listened to the salesman, and bought the right size suit, the seems would not have been under stuch stress before the time of impact ... and he would have been ok.

It's his fat arse you see .... he is in denial.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Hey .. fingertwiddler ... no need to feel bad about being a neebie either mate .... everyone started early at some stage ...

Look !! ..... I found a pic of Big Phil way WAY WAAAAY back when he was still able walk and stuff .....

Attachments

·
Registered
409 Posts
Legend said:
Actually, that's not quite true.

They ripped at all the seems around his back and arse.

Of course, if he has just listened to the salesman, and bought the right size suit, the seems would not have been under stuch stress before the time of impact ... and he would have been ok.

It's his fat arse you see .... he is in denial.

I thought the seams down the centre in the back ripped too? The suit looked like an old war movie get up after the guy gers shot fifty times.

Anyways, how come the suit ripped like that?

Is it due to the sewing of the seams?

the impact of the crash?

the quality of the leather(although our understanding is that the seams gve way)?

boycie's fat bottom?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Re: MOTHERS MEETING

Blue Catt said:
I'M OUTTA HERE .... BEFORE LONG YOU LOT WILL BE DELIBERATING WHETHER A TEA SPOON WAS DESIGNED TO STIR COFFEE IN A CLOCKWISE OR ANTI CLOCKWISE DIRECTION.

I think that if you stir it clockwise, it will actually get the sugar to dissolve faster than if you did it anti clockwise....

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Oh i shoulda known better.
Typical SIngaporeans...farkin scare mongers.

They didn't rip at all you womble Margerine..stop posting about things you know fak all about.
Some of the stichin let loose after he'd slid 50 plus meters at 200 clicks....go figure.
Considering the tarmac and gravel he'd travelled throu/on he didn't look too bad at all.

Now unless you can cough up in excess of US$1000 for kangaroo leathers you'll just have to wear the same as us mortals.

Wot you think buying leathers makes you indestructable
:finger:

·
Registered
409 Posts
bigphil said:
Oh i shoulda known better.
Typical SIngaporeans...farkin scare mongers.

They didn't rip at all you womble Margerine..stop posting about things you know fak all about.
Some of the stichin let loose after he'd slid 50 plus meters at 200 clicks....go figure.
Considering the tarmac and gravel he'd travelled throu/on he didn't look too bad at all.

Now unless you can cough up in excess of US$1000 for kangaroo leathers you'll just have to wear the same as us mortals.

Wot you think buying leathers makes you indestructable
:finger:
It is because I know that we are not indestructable in leathers, thats why I am asking about why leathers wont save your skin (material, sewing, etc) and what are the things to look out for when buying leathers or gear for that matter.

I know there are all kinds of leathers out there and I am just wondering which ones are good to pick out and use.

More or less, I would think that all leathers would have substantial damage if given an off like Boycie's. But I guess in all my ignorance, I am trying to figure out how to minimise damage to oneself in an event like that.

I know fark all about leathers as I have only owned a pair in my life. And I have yet to really have a nasty off in which I would put the leathers to the test.... so I guess I just wanna know if there are ways to be cautious.....

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
WOLVERINE II said:
It is because I know that we are not indestructable in leathers, thats why I am asking about why leathers wont save your skin (material, sewing, etc) and what are the things to look out for when buying leathers or gear for that matter.

I know there are all kinds of leathers out there and I am just wondering which ones are good to pick out and use.

More or less, I would think that all leathers would have substantial damage if given an off like Boycie's. But I guess in all my ignorance, I am trying to figure out how to minimise damage to oneself in an event like that.

I know fark all about leathers as I have only owned a pair in my life. And I have yet to really have a nasty off in which I would put the leathers to the test.... so I guess I just wanna know if there are ways to be cautious.....
Now why didn;t you say that in the first place instead of "ripped right..........oh fark it ..why bother.:confused:

Anybody know of any good bike forums where people talk about bikes still:crying:

·
Registered
409 Posts
to digress furthur

since this is a non biking, mothergathering, fark all talking thread.....i shall continue with it....

was reading the papers today about the big ferris wheel to be built in Spore!

I think its an engineering feat!!

They apparently are going to build it vertically as compared to the London Eye which was built horizontally and then hoisted up after construction!

its supposedly two times taller than the Statue of Liberty!!!

About 2km high!!

On top of a building too!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

should it spin anti clockwise or clockwise? (this might rouse BC's interest) ;)

:2cents:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts