Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys-
im new here and just wanted to hi and i hope i can learn alot from this forum.
I'm a 25 and about to buy my first bike TODAY~!
I'm having a friend ride it home for me until my MSF classes start oct 3,4,5.
I'm getting a 04 kawi 250 for 2k. Its it excellent shape with 4800 miles on it.. i figure it will be the perfect starter bike since its pretty light and i can afford it.
I also got my new icon helmet today =] its pretty much gangsta'.
heres the link if u wanna check it.

http://www.rideicon.com/product_details.jsp?category=1660&id=6934

Renee'

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!!! its not the prettiest, but neither would my face if i got something too big and kissed the concrete.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Welcome! :hello:

Yeah good call on the bike, you're gonna love it. Take it slow and have fun learning!

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Thanks!!! its not the prettiest, but neither would my face if i got something too big and kissed the concrete.
Don't forget about the rest of you. Jacket, gloves, pants, boots. You got it all, right?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep...

well i got boots and gloves- i dont have a jacket yet, but im not riding it till after oct 3 so i have 2 weeks to get one =]

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
he sold me out!

the buster I was supposed to go get the bike sold me out today!!
I drove an hour and half to be stood up.
and an hour and half back home being pissed !!! Gggrrrrr!!!!!

i guess im on a hunt for another bike.
perhaps i should look at it as a sign...

p.s thanks cookeetree!!!!!!!

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
You'll find the right bike for you, especially as the season winds down. Just keep your eyes peeled and your fingers searching. My congrats on starting out right too (bike size, MSF, gear) :thumb:

Welcome :cheers:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the best part about living in New orleans is that is pretty much season all year!!!!! i rarely dips below 50 here...its just getting to where it isnt "blazin' a fire" outside :)
I tell everyone we have two seasons down here in the dirty. Summer and February.
boooyakshaaaaaaaaaa!

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Better than up North. We have 4 seasons: Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and Road Construction.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Better than up North. We have 4 seasons: Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and Road Construction.
oooouch. I def. cant take the cold. I'm a wuss. Well, at least you get road construction - we have the worst rated roads in the US. Potholes SO BIG, that you and your bike will disappear if you roll over the wrong one.
Best part is they don't fix them. They just lay a big thick piece of metal over them so then its like hitting a speed bump.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
the best part about living in New orleans is that is pretty much season all year!!!!! i rarely dips below 50 here...its just getting to where it isnt "blazin' a fire" outside :)
I tell everyone we have two seasons down here in the dirty. Summer and February.
boooyakshaaaaaaaaaa!
Sounds very much like my neck of the woods. :thumbs2:

I've never understood when these guys talk about "winterizing" their bikes. Winterizing, here, means putting on a slightly thicker pair of gloves and (maybe) a neck warmer. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
For the record, I don't winterize, and I've ridden in the snow.

Luckily the past few years have seen riding weather (by my standards) in nearly every month of the winter. If I don't get to ride, I still get the bike out, fire it up, and take it up and down the lane a few times.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts