Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I'll admit it; this little gadget caught me by suprise. The first I heard of it was when I went to Mcdonalds yesterday to get my work schedule and it was featured on the frontpage of the news paper on the table. To be totally honest I didn't read anything about it, I just noted that it looked pretty slick.

That wasn't the last of it that I'd be seeing, now I'm noticing all of these N-Gage commercials, which are actually pretty good. So just now I've decided to do some research. I've gathered a bit of info, but my favorite part of it has to be that it's a 3D handheld console with a CPU speed of over 100Mhz. I also noticed that it had MotoGP being promised as one of it's flagship games. I haven't seen the demo's of the game yet but it sounds pretty neat. The N-Gage will also play MP3's and various other Music formats (Including the Radio) it will also be a mobile device working as a Cellphone, and a device by which you can surf the web/check your email. And yes, this also means that you'll be able to have multiplayer games. I still haven't been able to find a price, but I'll find that out soon.

Does anyone here have an N-Gage yet? Is it as cool as it's hyped up to be? And how much did you have to shelve out?

·
Registered
90 Posts
ttl. weak crap

its not worth the price, the truth is......im not sure if you've been reading gaming mags, but there is going to be a playstation portable (psp) thats coming out i think in 05, which will almost match up to the graphics of (not sure) ps1 or ps2, and im sure it will not cost so damn much, plus the graphics will kick the N-gage's ass, yea!!!:twofinger

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
ok first off it is not 599.99 dollars at all.
it is 299.99 still kind of expensive, but no where near 599.00
the n gage also uses that same graphics engine as the ps1 which in turn makes it have about the same graphics as the ps1.

lastly in response to m3 bois comment on a portable console that could have the same graphics as a ps2 be non expensive was just a stuipid comment. i mean think about it when ps2 first came out it was 499.99.

·
Registered
90 Posts
dude!!!

QuickCoCo1 said:

lastly in response to m3 bois comment on a portable console that could have the same graphics as a ps2 be non expensive was just a stuipid comment. i mean think about it when ps2 first came out it was 499.99.

hey, cmon now, im not that stupid, im semi dumb, but....cmon now

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Sorry, didn't read thorugh this whole thread. I'm actually suprised to see people still talking about it. Last I heard, the gaming media (and businnes media) had pretty much written it off. I though it had pretty well gone the way of the Virtuaal Boy or Neo Geo?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Hysyde said:
Sorry, didn't read thorugh this whole thread. I'm actually suprised to see people still talking about it. Last I heard, the gaming media (and businnes media) had pretty much written it off. I though it had pretty well gone the way of the Virtuaal Boy or Neo Geo?
mario tennis for virtual boy was tight

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have an Ngage, and trust me: You don't want one.

So far, I have only found 2 decent games for it: SSX Out Of Bounds (snowboarding)
and Pathway to Glory.

MotoGP for this thing is a joke. The framerate is 8-10FPS at best. It is unplayable.

I got mine for 100$ after rebates, so I'm not that disapointed, I guess. It has virtually no copy protection on the disks, and piracy is rampant. If you want it, it's out there. Trouble is, there isn't much out there worth a crap.

Hopefully Civilization for Ngage will actually get released and I'll buy it.

Trust me though, If this thing didn't play videos/mp3's and have bluetooth, I would have trashed it long ago...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts