Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've recently installed ebc hh pads for the front caliper of my 94 cbr 600f2 and after a while they started making a strange humming sound when i'm coming to a stop (<10 mph) they don't make any noise when i'm slowing from higher speeds but once i get to the 10 mph area they start to hum again. has this happened to anybody before? any fixes or is this normal for these pads?

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
sintered pads are noisy. sometimes they squeel really loud too. great for the ears. but they stop like a wall don't they?

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the stopping power is improved from the stock nissin hh pads but i think i'll have to get some ss hoses to get them where i want them to be...does anyone know if it's a tough install...i try to do the small stuff (brake pads, brake fluid bleeding, oil, adjustments, etc) myself but if it's a tough job i go to my mechanic who's pretty good but is a little costly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The easiest way to bleed brakelines is a "Mityvac." It has a pump that draws a vacuum on the line and sucks the fluid and air out as new fluid is taking the old stuffs place. Still takes about four hands so get a buddy to help out. The instuctions are pretty straight forward.

Has anyone tried those "speedbleeder" things?

------------------
Crusty

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I just replaced my stock pads with ebc hh pads last weekend, and I too have noticed the slight humming noise under about 15mph at braking. I just figured it was normal...but man these brakes sure beat stock...

will

------------------
Will Darton
Sportbikeworld Co-Admin
http://azsportbike.net
99ZX-6e

1 - 5 of 5 Posts