Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walked into Cycle Gear today and there were no stunt movies around. So I went up to the cashier and as what was up. They said they are not going to carry no more stunting movies because of liabilities. Not cool. I usually by my movies online, but when I want one right away, I go there. No mas Cycle Gear for me.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
GrCh35 said:
Walked into Cycle Gear today and there were no stunt movies around. So I went up to the cashier and as what was up. They said they are not going to carry no more stunting movies because of liabilities. Not cool. I usually by my movies online, but when I want one right away, I go there. No mas Cycle Gear for me.
They just do not want to cater to that kind of rider. That sucks!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's what I wrote Cycle Gear.

Below is the result of your feedback form. It was submitted by
([email protected]) on Saturday, March 15, 2003 at 16:28:08
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

first name: Bee

last name: Cruz

comments: I was sad to see you guys do away with the stunting videos. Now I really don't have a reason to shop with you guys.

Submit: Submit CEO Dave Bertram

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's there response.

Bee,

Thank you for your feedback. As motorcycle enthusiasts and employee owners everyone at Cycle Gear takes the long-term health of our sport very seriously which is why we don’t feel comfortable selling extreme street videos/DVDs.

We’ve got absolutely nothing against stoppies, wheelies, or stunts or any kind; as a matter of fact some of these guys have truly amazing skills. What we do have a problem with is that these stunts are for the most part performed on public roads and freeways. Not only are these riders breaking the law but they are endangering innocent people as well. Think what that does to the image and future of the sport? Increased law enforcement, higher insurance rates, maybe even laws banning sport bikes altogether are just some of the possible future outcomes.

Trust us, this was a difficult decision, but our passion for sport bikes made it clear that we would have to take a stand on this particular issue. In order to protect your right to ride, we will not sell any video/DVD that depicts blatantly illegal activities. We truly hope that you’ll understand and continue to shop at Cycle Gear.

David Bertram

CEO

·
Registered
352 Posts
Sounds pretty honest and stuff to me man. Can't really complain about that too bad. There are a lot of other places to buy 'em.

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Speedboy3 said:
Sounds pretty honest and stuff to me man. Can't really complain about that too bad. There are a lot of other places to buy 'em.
I do agree... honesty rules above all. I give 'em credit. Even if they are candy asses :p

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'll give them 2 points for being honest and upfront about it. But my 2 cents say this. Dexter Holland from the Offspring said it best, "If it sounds sarcastic don't take it seriously. If it seems dangerous don't try it at home or at all. And if it offends you, simply don't listen to it."

Grow some nuts, take the shrink wrap off your junk, wake up to sniff the race fuel. You can't make everyone happy, so don't fuckin try.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am waiting to see if they pick up the Starboyz Stuntfest video and The XSBA video 110%

Neither of them have street footage, so they have no excuse to not carry them

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DSOG Thomas said:
I am waiting to see if they pick up the Starboyz Stuntfest video and The XSBA video 110%

Neither of them have street footage, so they have no excuse to not carry them
I don't think there going to carry it. They had all them there and got rid of them all. I thought they would have left those, but, nope, we're not that lucky.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts