Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

I was just informed today that as of June 30th (The end of my current contract) I will no longer have a job at the School District. :(

It seems that the budget cuts got me and about 3 other positions.

So if you know of any company that needs Internet Systems Manager guy give me a buzz.

(At least my current contract will last till after the wedding on June 23rd)

P

·
0 Posts
Damn Robert, that sucks. Been there, done that, twice. Best of luck to you in finding a new job!

·
Registered
139 Posts
sorry to hear that

Damn Robert. That really sux. But you can take comfort in this. You will probably draw more unemployment than I make in a week.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Re: sorry to hear that

H-Man said:
...You will probably draw more unemployment than I make in a week...
That's sadder than Robert losing his job!:D

Sorry to hear it, Robert. However, there are many
companies that are in demand for people with your
skills. I'm sure you won't have a problem finding one.:)

·
Registered
582 Posts
Robert,

Sorry to hear the bad news....But....for every door that closes, another one opens up!!!!with your skillset, I doubt you'll have ANY trouble finding another job...Good luck!!!!

Jimmy G

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Sorry Bro!! :(

I can't wait to get laid-off! I need a long term vacation and right about now un-enjoyment doesn't sound that bad.

Best of Luck,I'm sure this is a blessing in disguise as these thing usually are :D

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
chris_y2k_r1 said:
...I can't wait to get laid-off! I need a long term vacation and right about now un-enjoyment doesn't sound that bad...
Chris,

Give me your boss's phone number. I'll have you out
the door in 10 minutes.

Unemployment rules! Before this job, I was
unemployed for two years. I think it's time
to quit again.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
That does suck. At least it wasn't dropped on you at the last minute.

I think everyone is right, you won't be out of work for long.

And I assume you will stay in AZ.....right.

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dan F4 said:
And I assume you will stay in AZ.....right.
Yuppers, I'll be staying in Arizona. I guess what bums me out the most is I'll be losing the benifits I got at the school district.

NO stress
Every weekend off
All holidays off (paid)
And my office was only 1.5 miles from my house.

Oh well, I enjoyed the three years I was there. Time to go back to the high-stress-tie-wearing-ass-kissing big company work. At least I'll go back to making better money.

·
Registered
698 Posts
748 abuser said:

Chris,

Give me your boss's phone number. I'll have you out
the door in 10 minutes.

He said "laid off" NOT fired dummy! :p

Sorry about your loss Robert. I was going to recommend that you contact the company I work for, but we're located in CA.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Sorry to hear that, man! Like others have said, maybe it's a blessing in disguise. I feel quite sure you won't have any trouble finding something else. :)

S

·
0 Posts
Hey Robert,

Sorry to hear that man ... Let me ask you something ? Do you think it will be all that bad ? I mean picture it... 10:00 am you get up, you scratch your ass. 10:10 am you don't shower but proceed to fridge and grab a beer. 10:30 am you get your pogey check and grab another beer. 10:45 you come on SBW and start to tell everyone how much you love walking around in you underwear, drinking beer and scratching yourself first thing in the morning :D Need I go on ? :D ;)

P.S: pogey = unemployment

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Squidwannabe said:
...you come on SBW and start to tell everyone how much you love walking around in you underwear
What squid REALLY meant was, "...you come on SBW and start to tell everyone how much you love walking around your brand new USED trailer home in you underwear":D ;)

Squid, it's sad that you use the word unemployment enough to have a slang term for it...:(;)

Robert...I'm sure you'll be fine bro. Take a break, look for a job you're sure you'll enjoy to some extent, and enjoy that sunshine! I sure wish we were gettin' some of that weather up here!

Anyway, with your skills in computing, you'll be sure to find a decent job...no worries. Good luck with your search!!!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Well, its all been said

"blessing in disguise"
"Your skills will land you something good"

And its true,...but its a bummer anyway :(

Hey Theresa has a job right? Be a house husband for the summer!!! :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
Think of it this way...

it could lead you to something even better! Where can I tap into this unemployment tree? And to think, I thought umemployment was funded by working tax payers? Silly me.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Re: Think of it this way...

tech32 said:
it could lead you to something even better! Where can I tap into this unemployment tree? And to think, I thought umemployment was funded by working tax payers? Silly me.
I don't know about other places, but in Pa. unemployment is actually paid by the employer as a percentage of payroll. It wasn't until the mid '80's de-industrialization unemployment boom that employees made any contribution. Even then, it was very small, but the fund was broke and the companies who should have been paying were closed completely. They eventually dropped the employee contribution after everybody moved out, exhausted their allotted collection time, or got two or three of those "service economy" jobs.

·
Registered
81 Posts
That sux!

Sorry to hear Robert, I know you can find a good job with all of your comp. skills. If not let me know...How do you feel about selling bike parts 4 a living.....?:)

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: That sux!

Jake-64 said:
Sorry to hear Robert, I know you can find a good job with all of your comp. skills. If not let me know...How do you feel about selling bike parts 4 a living.....?:)
I'd do it, but I need at least $20 per hour to pay the bills and I don't think it pays that much. :(

And I would have to work next to you and for that I would need at least $50 an hour. ;)

But thanks for the offer bro!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Re: Re: Think of it this way...

Dad said:

I don't know about other places, but in Pa. unemployment is actually paid by the employer as a percentage of payroll. It wasn't until the mid '80's de-industrialization unemployment boom that employees made any contribution. Even then, it was very small, but the fund was broke and the companies who should have been paying were closed completely. They eventually dropped the employee contribution after everybody moved out, exhausted their allotted collection time, or got two or three of those "service economy" jobs.
Interesting. I've never been unemployed, still young, and am valued highly at my job, so hopefully, I'll never have to experience unemployment. If I did need to ever get on it, I wouldn't think of myself as being an "abuser" of the system.

So, a question for ya......who funds the employers?;)
Thanks for the insight.:0

1 - 20 of 27 Posts