Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured out a way to have both an index (per Will) and no frames, and more color.

I think it's the fastest I have ever completly re-designed a site (about 3 hours).

So, flame away on the new one. Who knows, we might re-design it a few more times this weekend just for the hell of it. ;)

------------------
Robert Basil
It ain't easy being green - Kermit the frog
But it sure is fun! - Robert Basil

·
Premium Member
4,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will,

Got your email. Yuppers, I know the frames are set small for the 640X480 users. I will be setting them up later tonight so that they will automaticly expand to the right for larger screens.

------------------
Robert Basil

·
Registered
741 Posts
I could never understand why people don't like frames... why? I think they're actually better, instead of having to scroll around, everything is there... I like frames!! We may need a poll for this one, I can set one up if you want me to!! :)

------------------
Joe
1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, 4,100 miles, Vance and Hines Titanium slip on, synthetics, more to come soon!!!

1988 Mustang GT
www.joe4speed.com

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I don't think a poll is necessary. It's a matter of compromise....just have to find the right balance for what people want and what looks best...yeah what is ultimately decided upon some people may not like, but thats life :)

------------------
Will Darton
Administrator
http://azsportbike.net
99ZX-6e

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I have one small complaint. Where's the old SBW logo? You know the sketch of sportbike at a lean. I worked my butt off to put that logo on the big banner we had at the Smackdown. :confused: It would be even harder to put that spinning "thing" on there, not to mention, that "thing" looks like a Kawi. :rolleyes: :p

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

·
Registered
36 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RCjohn:
I have one small complaint. Where's the old SBW logo?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. Not that that matters :)

------------------
Jacob
"Kornkid"
Better to be a racer for a moment than a spectator for a lifetime.

[This message has been edited by Kornkid (edited September 18, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I think I have to agree as well. The old SBW logo just looked better, more unique. IMO

Plus you already printed shirts with that logo.

------------------
You get the best thrills on two wheels!

Damn rice burners!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I liked the frames and the black and the old logo and I dont like this font. Just my opinion :D

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sportbikeworld:
Who knows, we might re-design it a few more times this weekend just for the hell of it. ;)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Robert, 3rd times a charm....I put my vote in for the old logo too. Just when I was getting used to the frames and blam...no more :( . On the brite side, my refresh button works again...but I'd already adjusted to that one--thanks Robert. The frames graphics gave the site a more professional edge where as the new graphics have a more cheesy feeling. Not trying to be harsh...your still my hero. :D

------------------
"When it rains, we all get wet, the Pope and the prostitute"-Santana

[This message has been edited by RUG BURN (edited September 19, 2000).]

·
Registered
130 Posts
Robert,

i have to agree with some of the above posters regarding the old black and white logo. i liked it more than the new one. kinda made it synchronous (sp) with SBW.

secondly, i know i asked for some more color on the page but this blue is just TOO bright in my opinion. i really liked the older shade of blue which had a very distinguighed and refined look to it. finally, as kyle said the font is not the greatest one!

sorry for being a pain but this is just my feedback. the first time the page loaded up i gasped and had to re-check the url to make sure i was at the right link. the bright blue, font and the Baby staring at me from the ad had me wondering where i was :) :)

just my thoughts but keep up the good work bro!

--------
arif

·
Registered
503 Posts
actually i like the black & white.. the blue is ok. i miss the old logo too. but i like the compromise.. not really frames but still have easy access to the rest of the site w/out having to use a pull down menu or go back to the main page.

------------------

·
Premium Member
4,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the feedback everyone (and keep it coming) I'll play around with some changes tonight and try to get to a "middle ground" for everyone. :)

------------------
Robert Basil

·
Premium Member
4,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sportbikeworld:
Thanks for the feedback everyone (and keep it coming) I'll play around with some changes tonight and try to get to a "middle ground" for everyone. :)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, well I went out to dinner with the GF last night and didn't get a chance to work on the site. I will play with it tonight.

------------------
Robert Basil

1 - 14 of 14 Posts