Sportbike World banner

NO HELMET LAW STATES - Riders: Helmet or No Helmet? (Poll)

• YES of course, I ALWAYS wear a helmet!

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • I often go WITHOUT a helmet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(I apologize if there is already a thread on this topic!)

I have been riding for 10 years, off and on. I must admit I am fully guilty of not wearing full riding gear very often - including jacket, gloves, pants, shoes: even though I own most all of these items. I do however ALWAYS wear a helmet. But needless to say, I also do often think about the alternative!

Which brings me to the question/poll: I know what I've seen with my own eyes in person/etc (i.e. riders with no helmets and the frequency of it.) But do YOU riders here who happen to live in a no-helmet state, wear or don't wear your helmets on a regular basis?

I had one bad accident myself. It was bad in every sense of that word - but it certainly was NOT terrible, close to death, or seriously life altering (crippling, etc.) Say what you will, but I would rather be dead then unable to walk/brain damaged/etc.
A bad accident can be traumatic, VERY expensive, scarring both physically and emotionally, and take years to re-overcome. I have seen close friends go through this personally, and again myself as well.

And NO, I don't have a "suicide wish." I actually love my life! But I'm not scared to go out doing what I love either. Sometimes, living is CLEARLY not the "easy way" after a serious motorcycle injury.
Open for discussion!! :cheers:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts