1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Re: Re: No F1 for Rossi

kawigirl_636 said:
I wish he'd go to F1....give everyone else a chance at podium. :rolleyes:

Jen
I thought Yamaha was doing a good job of letting others have a shot at the podium this year? He was DNF on the last race due to the bike just dying.

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
His contract is up for renewal at the end of this season (2006). There are rumors he is being courted away from Yamaha to Ducati and Honda, but these are unconfirmed. Thus far he is not happy with Yamaha this year. Who would be, as a seven time world champ he has 2 DNF in the last two races and is currently 8th in the standings.

I agree with Jen though, it is so nice to watch this guy race. As he is absolutely amazing, and incredibley fast. But the same time it would be nice to see others take the podium as have happend the last few races.

Very interesting to see how this MotoGP year will pan out. Not to mention the next year too.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
DocThee said:
...I agree with Jen though, it is so nice to watch this guy race. As he is absolutely amazing, and incredibley fast. But the same time it would be nice to see others take the podium as have happend the last few races...
I disagree with this logic. His prowess on a bike can only serve as inspiration for other riders and manufacturers to lift their game. You need people like Rossi to help propel a sport forward and stop it from stagnating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts