Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gonna be getting a honda CBR 600 F4i in april, this is gonna be my first bike and im pretty much a newb at riding. any recommendations for which ins company i should get quotes from, btw im 21, taking msf b4 i get the bike and have a perfect driving record, do u guys think even though i have little to no expericence in riding a bike i can find a quote of less than a grand a year for full coverage?

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Where in NJ are you? You will find big price differences in different parts of the state. The last time I had a bike registered there was in about 93'. I lived in New Brunswick. I think I paid something like 400 per year for full coverage on a 88 Ninja 600. That was through USAA. I believe State farm quoted me about double that. It really helps if you have a garage as well. The best advice I can give you is to call around and compare.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i live in a town called matawan in monmouth county, and yes i do have a garage which i will keep my bike in. thanx for the advice though.

is there anyone on here that is under 25 who has or had the same scenario im in?

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
The TooL said:
is there anyone on here that is under 25 who has or had the same scenario im in?
What are you trying to say??? I'm old? Oh, man- that hurts. (I was under 25 at that time)

And I know exactly where Matawan is. :cool:

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm 20 and all i can say is that i'm glad i started with an older, smaller bike:p

...insurance S U C K S ! ! ! ! !

I'm getting a new R6 and i was quoted at $1700 Canadian, and its my 3'rd bike. I'll call around before I insure it, but I doubt I'll find any better. Maybe you will get better deals than me...
Good luck !

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hondas are nice bikes.

I have state farm and my insurance is about 280 a year full coverage, but I also have a care insured under them also. Down here in Maryland they go by cc. not the Model.

Ever other insurace quoted about 1000 and more.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Go to this site:

www.njrider.com

I use these guys. They're pretty decent since you can't get a deal with State Farm unless you already have car insurance with them.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Rider

Go with Rider insurance. They saved me $250 over Progressive (used to live in MD). 973-258-9500

1 - 8 of 8 Posts