Sportbike World banner

Nitrous for show on a sportbike??

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Pete 
#1 ·
Hello again,

I own a 96 SRAD-GSXR-750. Its more a showbike than a hooligan toy for me. With the research I have done Nitrous Oxide on a stock sportbike is just not a good idea. This may sound cheesy to some but how bout' a fake bottle installed on the side of the bike for looks? I know some Harley guys do it. You can buy the real bottle and valve, etc, from NOS-Costa Mesa. Only there's no juice. Thanks for any advice/comments.

Ray-
Gainesville, Florida

------------------

[This message has been edited by Ray66 (edited July 09, 2000).]

#4 ·
With the way you say you ride, why don't you just do what looks cool? It sounds like you never push the envelope, you are just boulevard cruising if you ever ride. Right? If that is what you do, who cares how your tires or NOS will perform. Just do what you think looks cool. Alot of time the stuff that the majority of people thinks looks cool gets the fewest looks. For instance, it has been my experience that NOS bottles just are not cool anymore, but they sure do get looks.

------------------
Colin
FloridaSportbikers
My Home Page

G
#5 ·
Do what I did. I took a 16 oz. Ozarka water bottle, spray painted it matte silver, and tie-wrapped it under my left passenger peg. The only problem is that I had to trim the faux fur back a bit so people could see it. Fools 'em all everytime! :D

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."

#6 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pete:
Do what I did. I took a 16 oz. Ozarka water bottle, spray painted it matte silver, and tie-wrapped it under my left passenger peg. The only problem is that I had to trim the faux fur back a bit so people could see it. Fools 'em all everytime! :D

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pete,

Why limit yourself to a measley 16oz., go for the 5 gallon Ozarka jet pack. Mount that bad boy on your passenger seat and nobody is gonna mess with you...they'll be too busy on the floor laughing their asses off.

------------------
Clark

G
#7 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RUG BURN:
Pete,

Why limit yourself to a measley 16oz., go for the 5 gallon Ozarka jet pack. Mount that bad boy on your passenger seat and nobody is gonna mess with you...they'll be too busy on the floor laughing their asses off.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But then I'd have to lose the milk crate. :D

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."

[This message has been edited by Pete (edited July 10, 2000).]

G
#9 ·
Fizz, seems like I am always off-topic, off-kilter, etc. :D I got the quote from a website of a m/c enthusiast, where there was a whole list of favorite quotes. I thought that one was the best.

------------------
Pete

[This message has been edited by Pete (edited July 10, 2000).]

#10 ·
It is a good quote for sure, But my new fave is
"I own a 96 SRAD-GSXR-750. Its more a showbike than a hooligan toy for me."
If you want to go really fast slap a VTEC sticker on it, works for all the Civics.

Rock on
Ride on

Fizzman

PS. Ray, I'm not trying to be a dick (well ok, just a little bit :D) But if you could step in my riding boots for a moment you would understand. A broke ass student who has had to curb his FZR for a couple weeks cuz he cant afford tires, then he sees someone with a bike he would kill for (I would too, just give me a name) who just has a bike to "have a bike" and to make it "look fast". Do you see how one in my position might see that as absurd?

------------------
Mu toys,

84VF500F (RIP)
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RX
Yamaha acoustic
JB player acoustic

#11 ·
I was going to leave this one alone, but I couldn't resist it... :)
While you're at it, slip some dual Holley carbs in there, add some posi rear traction, some neon around the rims, a 1/16 scale Supra wing on the back, get some rims to make your tires stick out 6 inches from the fenders, tint your headlight, mirrors, and signals, and maybe some fuzzy dice on the triple tree.
My mother always said no one likes a smart-ass, but it's in my blood ;)
(all in fun)

------------------
j.------
"not everyone undertstands house music-it's a spiritual thing, a soul thing"

G
#12 ·
Before we get on a Ray-stomping rampage, and before I get misunderstood, I have to say that I have absolutely no problem with anyone doing ANYTHING they want to their bikes for WHATEVER reason. Well, maybe except for Paul having had his Ducati painted pink. :D

I don't have to like it, and I can joke about it, but in the end, the reality is that it is none of my business.

Ray, I hope you can stand the ribbing, because it is all in good fun. :cool:

------------------
Pete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.