Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 Ninja 600R (not to be confused with the ZX-6 or ZX-6R). Its kind of the red-headed step child ;) of the Ninja lineup and I don't see much info on them. Here's a link for those not familiar with them:

http://www.tappedin.com/hop/html/zx6ser.htm

My question - Has anyone done any performance upgrades to this bike. I'm not in a position to buy a new bike now but have been riding for 3 years and want to have something with a little more kick. I'm just talking fairly simple upgrades here. Please give me some component ideas, brands to look at, etc and what you've seen done to these bikes.

Thanks

·
Honda Moderator
458 Posts
For performance there is not really that much you can do with them outside of gearing, jetting or exhaust changes & what's really bad is even with a good pipe & optimal jetting you really don't get much improvement.

Even when they were in production I rarely would catch a glimpse of one on the street. You got any pics of yours?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A pic....

Yeah, here's a pic of me and my buddy at the shore in S. Jersey. Notice the optimal riding gear for 20mph jaunts thru the beach towns.

One of the reasons, other than performance, that I want a new bike is for some updated styling. Have to admit though, this is a great starter bike.

·
Honda Moderator
458 Posts
Yes it is & so is that Seca II your friend is on. To tell you the truth I'm impressed with your decision to get a mild mannered bike to learn on, but I sure wish you'd wear your gear at all times...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, that's a Seca II. Since that picture was taken though, a car pulled out in front of him and the bike was totalled. He went down hard but came out of it with just a broken leg so yes, I certainly wear my gear now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts