Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone's talking about how nice the new 2008 Ninja 250 body style is very cool for a 250 and is similar to the more powerful models such as the 650R which I agree with, the Ninja 250 is a great looking 250cc sport bike.

So while trying to make the 250 more desirable looking, why didn't Kawasaki give the 500 model the same makeover?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Good question

Yes, I agree. I would suspect that the 500R is due to be similarly upgraded soon, or dropped from the lineup altogether.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
ditto, with the 650 there isnt much point in the 500.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would think they will probably be dropping it all together. It no longer has it's own unique niche.

I had a 2005 500R that I sold last June, but couldn't stand life without riding so picked-up my 2008 250R last week. My decision to go from a 500R to 250R was based pretty much on my finances.

Anyway, when I picked-up my bike a was talking to the dealer, and he seemed very certain that the 500R is "going away". I don't know how he would get such inside information, but he stated it very matter-of-factly.

I love the styling, handling and overall ergonomics of the 2008 250R. I would recommend it to anyone 5' 10" or less that commutes on their bike and needs max mpg. And it's a lot of fun, too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts