Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here have a pair???Any funny stories???
Just curious, as I have a set of the Night owl NVG1 goggles.
I have to say, they totally ROCK....You really can creep around with these things on and see where you're going. VERY powerful infrared illuminator makes it daytime in complete darkness.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,373 Posts
jimmyjr said:
Anyone here have a pair???Any funny stories???
Just curious, as I have a set of the Night owl NVG1 goggles.
I have to say, they totally ROCK....You really can creep around with these things on and see where you're going. VERY powerful infrared illuminator makes it daytime in complete darkness.

I can't say I have them, but i bet they would be a blast. Aren't they pretty expensive?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the magic of Ebay. I picked up a perfect pair for slightly less than 1/2 of what they went for new. Box and all accessories like new, too. They are pretty freaky. I do like them more than the 3x handheld scope I have. It has nice image quality too, but I like the 1:1/ 0 degree magnification better. They're kinda heavy at first, but then your neck muscles get used to it after a couple days. I can't remember the spec, but the field of vision is pretty decent in real life situations such as walking around the house in night in complete darkness. Walking up stairs takes a little getting used to because of the field of vision, but otherwise quite workable.
Jimmy G
 

·
Resident Smart Ass!
Joined
·
3,933 Posts
Yes, just what Tippy needs, an AR-15, and night vision goggles! :rolleyes:


:twofinger
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,173 Posts
How is the depth perception. Because I know that the NVG's that us military guys have has HORRIBLE depth perception. It's like a blind dog running around the house.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually not too bad...I think that the ones the military uses are actually a monocular with 2 eyepieces..The gen 3 models.( if I'm not mistaken)
I would believe, that aspect alone would hinder your depth perception.... I can easily creep around my house in the dark without worrying about falling down. The only thing that's awkward is going up/down stairs, because your field of vision gets cropped. You can't see your feet if you are looking straight ahead....I can read a magazine in the dark, read an anolog clock on the wall, watch my fish in the fishtank...(They see ME PERFECTLY, too). Jimmy G
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,512 Posts
jimmyjr said:
[B...watch my fish in the fishtank...(They see ME PERFECTLY, too). Jimmy G [/B]
They are probably saying, "get the fooking IR rays out of my face!" :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
Slip-On Rapist said:
How is the depth perception. Because I know that the NVG's that us military guys have has HORRIBLE depth perception. It's like a blind dog running around the house.
Depends on which set you get. I used some mil-spec that were like wearing blinders with a green lens.
Almost perfect depth perception after you get used to your eyes seeing a couple inches in front of where they normally are.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top