Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been riding on the back of bikes for quite some time itching to ride my own. Finally financially stable enough to buy and ride my own. So I'm lucky to have a great friend who sold me her 2004 yamaha r6 for a good deal. I guess I'm kinda lucky to have somewhat crappy enough credit to not be able to get a new one (or else I would have) since reading the "crashes" thread I'll be dropping it etc. hehehe...even though it looks reeeal pretty for being used. Definetly getting frame sliders and considering a custom cage.

It really sucks that it's January and freaking cold outside I'm dieing to take the course so I can get my license. However it gives me enough time to really get some good gear considering I'm picky and almost over research everything.

I've read quite a few threads and I'm really glad I found this site. It seems to keep things in perspective as fas as not getting crazy and being really smart. I'm not even going to bother trying to keep up with my more expierenced rider friends and a few of them get pretty stupid anyway.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Welcome! That's a heck of a first bike, but it sounds like you've done a lot of research which is AWESOME.

The MSF is a fantastic way to get started. I know what it's like to have to sit and wait - heck, my bike is in Pennsylvania but I live in Tennessee so even on the nice days I can't ride! LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why is your bike in PA? lol I'm in Maryland I can go get it for you...;) hehehe and your football team has mine crying right now!

·
Registered
848 Posts
I moved from PA to TN in September. I didn't move my bike down yet - long story. I don't have a garage in TN and haven't yet found safe storage.

As for my football team... I'm hoping they leave Arizona in tears in a few weeks. LOL. Your football team has the Titans still in tears. hahaha

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Welcome :cheers: Chicks and R6's. There's something typical about that.

I moved from PA to TN in September. I didn't move my bike down yet - long story. I don't have a garage in TN and haven't yet found safe storage.

As for my football team... I'm hoping they leave Arizona in tears in a few weeks. LOL. Your football team has the Titans still in tears. hahaha
They did and they are my boys too :cheers: I admit, though, that I refer to the QB as Worthlessburger with my wife. He's just not my cup 'o tea, but they've always been my fav team :love:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts