Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could tell you how I'm new and all and give you some story that you have already heard four times over. Cut to the chase, my TLR is new and already it's too slow. What's first for the go-fast goodies? Fender eliiminator kit or hacksaw? Any pics?:D

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
TL1000XX said:
I could tell you how I'm new and all and give you some story that you have already heard four times over. Cut to the chase, my TLR is new and already it's too slow. What's first for the go-fast goodies? Fender eliiminator kit or hacksaw? Any pics?:D
We like storiez....uh anyway, dependz on yur budget..I just hack mine..can't see spendin 200.00 to get rid of a fender, I can geta a new rear tire mounted for that..:D

Oh...and Welcome to SBW...got any pic's of yur tiller..?:D

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Re: Re: Newbie

Hammer 4 said:

We like storiez....uh anyway, dependz on yur budget..I just hack mine..can't see spendin 200.00 to get rid of a fender, I can geta a new rear tire mounted for that..:D

Oh...and Welcome to SBW...got any pic's of yur tiller..?:D
i did the same thing

P

·
0 Posts
TL1000XX said:
What's first for the go-fast goodies?
Marchesini magnesium wheels, carbon fiber bodywork, Akrapovic exhaust, WP forks, Ohlins shock, Brembo brakes, Wave rotors, SS lines...that should keep you busy for a while.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
TL1000XX said:
Uh, hacking off your fender or replacing it with a fender eliminator will not make you go faster... :p

I vote for a power commander and highrise pipes personally! :drool:

·
Registered
865 Posts

elo said:

Uh, hacking off your fender or replacing it with a fender eliminator will not make you go faster... :p

Way to go Erika....cant believe the GUYS let that one go....:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No pics yet. Anyone have any suggestions on the best exhaust to get? Anyone have any pics of their TL with polished wheels?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, I mean an exhaust system that the name can be pronounced w/o having a college major in english? Better yet, where can I find these goodies for my bike, other than the dealer?

·
Registered
865 Posts
TL1000XX said:
Sorry, I mean an exhaust system that the name can be pronounced w/o having a college major in english? Better yet, where can I find these goodies for my bike, other than the dealer?
Any exhaust system that a non-graduate can pronounce wont
do you any good.....it'll just make the bike louder...

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts

elo said:

Uh...I beg yur pardon...:D Think about it..less wind resitance(sp) =more speed...:D :D :rolleyes:

I'd forgo the HP goodies, and work on makin that tiller handle better..:D THAT will help ya go faster...;)

·
Registered
865 Posts
elo said:
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight! Those damn fenders are the reason bikes are so slow! ;)

THey dont make that much difference, my top end only went
from 179mph to 182mph when I cut my fender off..;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts