Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
About 2-3 years ago I had a 1993 CBR600 f2. Only had the bike for about 4 months and then sold it. I had plenty of fun on the bike and now wish I wouldnt have sold it. I have little experience with street bikes but have been riding dirt bikes since the age of 8.

Do you think an R6 would be a good bike for me? 5'6" and 190lbs. What was the first year the R6 was produced? What would be a reasonable price for a used R6?

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
first off, 93 cobras are awesome. gt40 heads, lighter fox chassis, cool car.

r6's were made from 99 to now.

no, i wouldn't suggest one. even with 4 months experience, it's still a lot of bike as well. i wish you wouldn't have sold the f2 as well, it would be a great choice for where you are.

i'd suggest taking a look at the sv650. why? it's a great bike. it does it all. and i want one. :) it seems like suggesting the sv is a cliche, but it's so good, you can't help but come back to it.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
That is a very hard one to answer as you did have a Honda F-3, BUT for only 4 months. From '93 to '03 there has been a vast change in POWER alone along with handeling, etc. Thing is the R6 has not stayed the same year after year, but been continually upgraded year after yeat & not just a change in a stripe of paint here or change in colour design for it has all been to more power & better this & that.
No I will stay clear or this one as I would need to know you much better for over the 'net is NOT an easy way to advise one when it is as touchy as this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts