Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm a 39 yr old male and fairly new to motorcycle riding. I completed the MSF rider course and got my MC license last summer.
I started off riding a new 07 Harley Sportster 883C. Being a new rider and older, I thought a cruiser was the way to go.
BUT as my riding motorcycle riding progressed, my true interests always leaned toward sportbikes.
One day for the fun of it, I rented out a sportbike just to see if I actually would like it compared to my Harley. Once I got used to the different body position of riding, I was sold on having a sportbike. It felt more natural to me.

So I made the big change. I traded in that Harley for a new red '07 Ninja ZX6R.

Some people may say that a 600cc sportbike is too much for a first time sportbike owner, some say it's just right. Since I already had gone through an MSF course and proved to myself that I can ride a cruiser safely, I had no problems adjusting to riding my Ninja which I am riding very conservatively right now keeping my speed and rpms down to break in the engine and tires. I always wear a helmet and most of the time a jacket also.

Once I become more accustomed to my new sportbike, I may decide to take some professional Trackday lessons, but that will depend on my schedule and cost.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Good choice on a bike. You already have the basics down on riding, plus renting the one sportbike so it is simply progress with more knowledge you will pick up in hrs of riding.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Welcome :cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts