·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome! Nice bike ya got there :)

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens

·
Registered
25 Posts
hey Dan,

do you work for JR. i have everything done to my car except forced induction. it's at the point of needing a new motor. so, i'm debating on what to do. i would want more HP than a SC can give. i was thinkin along the lines of an FMIII w/ forged, oversized piston's. probably to the tune of 300hp....woohoo

but, since i got the bike....i know now what fast is :)

------------------
'00 VFR800fi
TBR full, high and right

·
Registered
25 Posts
hey all !!!

just wanted to drop a note.

'00 VFR800fi

got it to do some touring as well as some knee dragging. hang out at James Coney Island (Houston) you know who you are!!

not into wheelies or stoppies. but would like to get good enough to drag the knee pucks.

here's some pic's mostly car stuff....miata...auto-x
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=877482

lookin for somebody who has put a power-commander on my style bike...

thanks
ciao'

------------------
'00 VFR800fi
TBR full, high and right

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Welcome.

I tried to look at your pic's but it's a no go.

What year is your miata?? If ya want to get a little more out of it let me know. We supercharge several types of cars (Jackson Racing). :D :D

------------------
Dan F4 Red/Black

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Racer X,

Yes, I work in the wholesale side of the company. Do you already have a charger on it??

I just talked with one of the Mazda guys. He said that 300hp at the wheel is A LOT. We can get ya over 200+hp. 200hp isn't bad for a motor that only came with 104hp at the wheels.

But you can talk with Dealer Alternative (Bill). This guy is really good. If you want that kinda HP talk with Bill. I will give you his # if you need or want it. :D

------------------
Dan F4 Red/Black

[This message has been edited by Dan F4 (edited August 18, 2000).]

·
Registered
165 Posts
Heya Racer X...

Welcome abord... I myself used to live in Houston before moving up north to go to university... (I'm really Canadian)

Anyway, my sister and I were regulars at JCI on Friday and Saturday nights... I used to ride w/ a crew of guys before I left and as far as I know a couple of them are stile hanging around.... Who do you know down there that you ride with?

Anyway there amigo... Will chat with you later....

There's a couple boyz (PETE) w/ VFR who live in Houston on this board... You'll find one another eventualy...

KIRSTY!!

------------------
"No, this isn't my boyfriend's bike..."
My web site www.geocities.com/hondahuney

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow! Mirror image of what I used to do in Houston! Just where was the Solo running at? When I was in town we did it up at the Police academy.

Also recongized the Wharta run. I assume you do (if it is still open) Ho Chi Minh in Memorial park? Shredded that place many times.

Did the James Coney Island thing also on a '93RR. I remember when the local sport bikers on Westhiemer got run off from where they were hanging out and started up the Coney island thing. Glad to hear it is still going. Just be careful making the runs down memorial to downtown and back out Allen Pkwy. Some of the those guys are dangerous to be around! (at least they used to be).

Anyway, thanks for the post and welcome to motorcycling! Your post struck me as it brought back the times I spent there. I did many of the things you seem to be interested in!

Be careful, look everywhere when on the bike!

Gary

------------------

·
Registered
367 Posts
Check it out, we have 2 new Texans on the list :D

Welcome aboard!!!

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
39 speeding tickets and now I have a V1.
Sorry, Officer, I didn't realize my radar detector wasn't plugged in.

·
Registered
25 Posts
HEY everybody

kirsty...too bad you moved back north, does your sis' still live in houston?? yup, still single and lookin...hahaha

i hang out w/ mostly the "duck" riders...no wheelies or stoppies for me, i just wanna learn to drag the pucks!!

:( lotsa squids nowadays at JCI...probably 200+ bikes this Sat night. serious accident on westpark as well....2 bikes went down....very bad. gettin' kinda crazy. i think the police will crack down soon w/ all the crazines going on. 100+mph wheelies down westheimer.....40-50 bikes takin of to go watch street racing...100-160mph runs down the fwy....i only go in small groups riding fast....keep track of everybody.

keep the sticky side down.. :)

------------------
'00 VFR800fi
TBR full, high and right

·
Registered
288 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RACER X:
not into wheelies or stoppies<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"not into"?....or just....."can't do"? :D :D

------------------

·
Registered
25 Posts
"not into"?....or just....."can't do"?

there's a few old saying...since i'm probably a little bit older w/ alot more miles...not on a bike....just driven miles.

there are old riders(anything can be placed here...pilots, sailors, racers...)
and there are bold riders

but, there are no old bold riders...

i'll eventually progress to learn to do wheelies. probably never stoppies. neither serve to make you a better"faster" rider. :)

------------------
'00 VFR800fi
TBR full, high and right

·
Registered
288 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RACER X:
neither serve to make you a better"faster" rider. :)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

True.......but who gives a sh*t. ;) Personal preference really - If ya wanna do 'em, do 'em. If ya don't wanna do 'em, then don't.

------------------

·
Registered
288 Posts
but, there are no old bold riders...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah.....just old geezers who are scared sh*tless when they take it above 10mph. :D :D

Ahhhhh.......18 and 4........my favorite numbers. :)

------------------

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey Racer X, Screw that noise and shove a
killer 13B in your car!!If that ain't good
enough I'll say i'm sorry for wasting this post.Love the bike,very pretty in Yellow.
I still like the red though.Later DUDE!!
Long live the Rotary!!

------------------
Steven G. Knecht
1991 VFR750F
1989 RX-7 GTU

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Welcome.

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi Racer X. Welcome to the forum. I agree with your views about wheelies and stoppies. They are just show off moves that beat the bike up. Especially the stoppie. Great bike, looks sweet in that yellow.

------------------
Keep Your feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Welcome! :)

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens

·
Squid
2019 Ducati Monster 1200s
813 Posts
Yeah, what he said :D

------------------
John

Not the brightest crayon in the box now, are we?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts