Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i own a 1997 Ninja ZX-7r. 1) I was wondering how much horsepower my stock bike puts out to the back wheel. 2) Also, whats the differences between a slip-on exhaust and a full exhaust system? 3) What kind of slip-on and full exhausts are the best and most efficient for a 1997 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-7r? 4) And finally how easy is it to install a slip-on exhaust? Is it all bolts? Or is there welding that is needed? Could i do it myself relatively simply? Or if i need to take it to a shop, how much would they charge to put on a slip-on exhuast? All replys would be greatly appreciated.

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
Ask and you shall recieve. :)

#1. A Stock 1997ZX7R normally puts out about 110RWHP brand new. Give or take 5RWHP (RWHP = Rear Wheel Horse Power)

#2. A slip on is only the end pipe (or the "can" as some people call it). A full system is the pipe and header (the header is the set of pipes that go all the way up to the front of your motor)

#3. I personally like Muzzys the best for my Kawasaki's ( http://www.muzzys.com ) Good sound and a decent 8-10 hourse power increase (but this was for a full system and aftermarket jet kit). You can expect 3-6 Horse Power gain from a slip-on.

#4. A slip on is all bolts and very easy to put on. You can do it yourself with a few common tools. (Regular wrenches, and Allen wrenches)

Most people get slip-ons because of the nice sound and they normally do not require an aftermarket jet kit (which is normally an extra $100+ and needs to be installed by someone who knows what they are doing)

Sounds like a nice Muzzys slip-on is just what you need.

Welcome to Sportbike World! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thank you for you help. Where would i find out how to put on a slip on? Like a "do it yourself" step by step. I'm thinking about a yoshi rs-3 slip on. What is your opinions on that?

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
Re: Thanks

gqnamja1 said:
Thank you for you help. Where would i find out how to put on a slip on? Like a "do it yourself" step by step. I'm thinking about a yoshi rs-3 slip on. What is your opinions on that?
The slip on pipe will come with instructions. Though I doubt you will need them as it's pretty straight forward on how to install it.

I've never had a Yoshi but I know a lot of others who have them and like them.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Installing a slip-on is a good first project. It's very easy and straightforward. If you get started and have any questions, the fellas out here will be glad to help you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts