Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm new hear and should be getting a Ducati 998 this week. I just have to finalize it. I am looking at the Honda CBR 954RR, Yamaha R1 and actually the Triumph 955i is very very nice!
Any comments welcomed.
I am also into offshore racing boats, own a Fountain, I currently ride a very nice and customized 2001 Harley Road King and I am a drummer and work in the music industry.
Mike C. Tampa

·
Registered
85 Posts
Duc 998 - very nice !!!!

Hi mike, I also had a harley - 94 FXSTC with lots of mods. You are in for a real treat if you get the Ducati. I sold my harley and was also looking for a sports bike - Yamaha R1, Honda 954, Aprilia, and Ducati. I decided on the 748 ducati and what a difference - handling, suspension, no vibration, it is amazing. The ducati red lines at 10,500 rpms and I have had it to 130mph in 6th gear with 6000 rpms - no vibration at all. Everything on the bike is amazing - 180 tire in the back, dual breaks in the front (stops on a dime and no tire lock up). You will be amazed at how the bike handles, rides, gas mileage (almost 50 mph) and I ride it 70 - 90mph.
Good luck in your descision !!!
Jim

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jim, yep the Ducati will be totally differant. I am keeping my Road King though. I will have the best of both worlds in bikes! There are so many nice looking bikes out there and the Ducati 998 is way more expensive than the Jap bikes and Triumph I have had to really think about it.
Mike C.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts