Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am definetly new to this stuff. I am learning more and more about bikes. But now I want to go get my motorcyles license.where do i go? hmm.... and any suggestions on a first bike?

·
Registered
90 Posts
other newbie bikes recommended to me-

suzuki sv650s
suzuki gs500f
500R

from the responses i have read, either pick out a used bike or a 500cc bike, Im not sure about the 250cc's because you might get bored of that quick.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
MSF course first. Besides the GS500 then take a look at the Kwacker Ninja 500 for both of these are good twins with sensible riding positions & pull well at lower revs & right to the top. If you want a full fairing then wait till the '04 GS500F comes on the floor. Suzy SV-650 is more costly but a good bike & those from '03 have a fuel injection system rather then the carbs of the prior models.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im in the same situation, I turn 18 next february and will be getting my cycle permit then:D . I've already gotten my provisional driver's license; how long do I have to keep my cycle permit until I can get my cycle license? I had to wait about 6 months after I got my driver's permit in order to get my license.

Also, after I get my permit, where do I go from there? Im thinking the MSF rider course but do I need my own bike? or will they provide one for me to practice on? I cant borrow any1 elses becuz none of my friends/relatives ride bikes. So will I have to buy a bike before I take the course or will they provide me one to practice on?

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
The MSF course provide the m/cs & most are easy to ride 125 singles to a few 250cc. Better to learn & drop their bike then your own.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts