Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a newbie ,I bought a used 87 cbr600f hurricane.
Black and red, I figure if I would drop it I wouldnt cry too much. I am learning fast. It has a kerker slip on muffler.
its fast enough for now.I am looking to find some people to ride with. I still have a learners permit and will be takeing the test here in a couple weeks,and looking forward to the msf course. It doesnt start till june.

huricane600

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
748_abuser said:
Welcome to SBW!

That's an excellent bike to learn on. You have some great riding in your area...enjoy! :)

I was wondering how much you know about the Hurricanes. I was looking at a pic of the 91 cbrs. The top front fairing looks like it mounts the same. I was wondering if it would fit my 87. I like the fact that the air intakes on the 91 run right to the intake ports on the frame,kind of like ram air. I will need to replace the fairings someday and would like to know if this would be an option.

thanks for all the replies and any info

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Welcome!!

Hiya!!
Take the MSF course for sure and do not go beyond your abilities till you are comfortable!!:):)
This is a great sport so enjoy iy!!:):)

Jim

·
Registered
8 Posts
748_abuser said:
Welcome to SBW!

That's an excellent bike to learn on. You have some great riding in your area...enjoy! :)
I agree that is a great bike to learn on. True, if you drop it it's not a big worry! (not like you have just scratched a new $10,000 bike!) I agree there are a lot of good roads up there, but speaking from experience be cautious on the old PA turnpike!! You have those Wild Pennsylvania Mufflers up there!! Those things suck!
Well, happy riding, be safe, and keep the rubber side down!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
feeling welcome here

I would like to thank all of you for making me feel welcome. This site seems to be one big happy family.
I will be careful and take the msf course. I love the hurricane. It has enough power for me for now.
I was wondering how many of you have evr owned a hurricane. Everybody keeps saying it is a great bike to learn on, just curious.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts