Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy! Hey just got back into the bike ownership position and I am happy! Been bugging the wife to let me get one again since I sold my last one and I finally just went out and bought a used 1986 Honda Nighthawk 700s. The bike needs some work but I am willing to put the time and money into it since I only spent $250 on the bike. Really looking forward to getting it back on the road. Just ran the dmv check on it and I am going to have to pay around $200 to get it up to date for registration (bummer). So far the items that I know need to be replaced are the starter, rear tire, throttle cable and choke. First I have to clean the spider webs off it! Killed a black widow on it last night. I will post some pixs when I get them downloaded. I have been riding since I was 14 and I am 45. Here is a list of my previous bikes:

1981 Honda CB900 Custom
1983 Honda 700 Shadow
1986 Yamaha Fazer (best bike I have owned)
1988 Yamaha FZ700
1985 Honda V65 Magna
2004 Harley VRSC Vrod

As you can see I really like the 80's bikes. I have a couple of others that I want to pick up in the near future.
1985 Kawasaki GPZ 750 Turbo
and another 1986 Yamaha Fazer

Eventually I will pick up a new bike like a Yamaha FJR 1300, but that might be a few years.

Talk to you all later!

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Welcome :cheers:

That is quite the list of 80's bikes. Have you been keeping a photo-history of them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome :cheers:

What happened to the v-rod? Noticed it was the newest bike you've owned.

Just wasn't comfortable riding it. I sold to a friend of mine who is a lot shorter than me. I am 6'2" and it really killed my back riding it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts