Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I do not own a sport bike and promise to get off this website after this one post! My boyfriend is buying a bike (sport bike) in a few weeks here. His birthday is coming up and I would really like to buy him his Jacket! A nice one! Okay...but I don't have $600 dollars! However, because I know nothing about it...I wanted to ask some experts!

Could anyone please guide me in the right direction in to the brand of jacket that I should get him? :dunno:

It would be so nice...I just don't want to buy him the wrong kind....

thank you!!

·
Registered
452 Posts
does he have a helmet? :dunno: ....other than that, it's best to get leather (opposed to textile); textile (fabric) will not last but one fall, leather will....

also if you can, try to find a jacket that has a removable liner, which is a jacket that can be used throughout the year; have an extra layer built-in for the winter, and take it out for the summer....

also see if you can get one with CE approved armor, which is hard plastic reinforcement... if it doesnt have CE, the back protector will be nothing more than a piece of foam... Find one with CE armor in the elbows, sholders, and back. Edit: most of the time you will have to buy a separate back protector, as they mostly come stock with foam

other than that, I dont have any preference on brands... if you dont know the color of his future bike, get a black jacket :thumbs2:

www.motorcycle-superstore.com - use the 'sort by' thingy to get prices 'low-high'

Main Brands/Quality (opinion): Alpinestars, Icon, Joe Rocket, Jordan, Shift, Teknic

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Pretty good qualifications for the jacket. 1.2mm or thicker leather, double stitched at least to survive a crash well. The brands, IMO, aren't as important as the styling and safety features (noted by ochoa and myself). Try giving Amber a call over at Superbike Toy Store and I'm sure they'd be happy to recommend something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts