Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to make my presence known that I joined the forum and that I am a new rider (about 1 week). I'm learning on a 2007 ZZR600 and have not had problems yet with it (knock on wood). Hardest thing for me to do is learning to to quick turn figures 8s in a small area. I can make left turns real nice but my right turns are just not as tight. I'm sure this all comes with lots of practice and luckily I have a huge parking lot next to my apartment where I can brush up on this!

Let me know if anyone from the Pittsburgh area wants to ever meet up! I would really like to learn alot about bikes and here stories!

Looking forward to meeting the members here!

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Welcome :cheers: Good to hear you've got a nice practice zone. Done the MSF class already? I presume you've got a lid, jacket, gloves....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome :cheers: Good to hear you've got a nice practice zone. Done the MSF class already? I presume you've got a lid, jacket, gloves....
I have not done the MSF class yet but will be registering for one in August. I do have a helmet, gloves, and jacket. Next up on my list is some nice boots and pants.

I'm looking into a Sick Innovations engine cage which I hear nothing but great things about from my fellow riders I know in Pittsburgh.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I grew up North Hills area, moved out of North Park back in 2004 to South Hills. Right now I am living in D.C. area, but there are plenty of riders in your area.

If you are also looking to meet up with people, a bunch of my friends meet up the second wednesday of every month in Robinson twp for some eating, laughing and general carrying on. Just a night everyone looks forward to once a month to sit around and shoot the shit about anything and everything. If you are interested I can get you the info. Alot of those guys hang out at www.bikerplanet.net, kind of a PGH based forum. (NOT affilated with bikerplanet.com).

*Mods, please don't take that as an advertisement, just telling the forum newbie where to find more PGH based people to hang with. *

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I grew up North Hills area, moved out of North Park back in 2004 to South Hills. Right now I am living in D.C. area, but there are plenty of riders in your area.

If you are also looking to meet up with people, a bunch of my friends meet up the second wednesday of every month in Robinson twp for some eating, laughing and general carrying on. Just a night everyone looks forward to once a month to sit around and shoot the shit about anything and everything. If you are interested I can get you the info. Alot of those guys hang out at www.bikerplanet.net, kind of a PGH based forum. (NOT affilated with bikerplanet.com).

*Mods, please don't take that as an advertisement, just telling the forum newbie where to find more PGH based people to hang with. *

Thanks Duessel, I only have 2 friends that ride but I really want to get into a bigger pack as my friends are all new to riding as well. If you could hook me up with some info that would be awesome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts