Sportbike World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a 3 year layoff and saving up all my pennies I've decided to jump back into the world of sport bikes.

Without a doubt the bike thats got my eye is the new ZX-6R - my problem is I've never bought a bike from a dealer. I know msrp is like $8000 - any of you more experienced fella's care to comment on what I might be able to work a dealer down to on a new bike? Typically how close do you pay to msrp on these types of machines? Any help would be tremendous!!

Thanks - TW

------------------

·
Registered
741 Posts
It really all depends on what you put down... do as much as you can and the payments will be way lower, but good luck as all dealers can be asses... I have been burned before! I know you will enjoy it when you get it!

------------------
Joe
1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, 4,100 miles, Vance and Hines Titanium slip on, synthetics, more to come soon!!!

1988 Mustang GT ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Also looking at new bikes - found a local dealer with 3 y2k 6Rs (all red) that he marked down to $6966 and that is supposed to include the taxes and title. Not sure if there are any hidden fees. Let me know if you want their name and phone #. You can always use a quote to negoiate with a local dealer. I am going to do just that myself.

------------------
Dave

600 Bandit

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow $6966 sounds unbelievable! I've read of people paying higher than list!

I wonder whether difficulty moving the "red" ones played into that - (I'm all about green) or whether that dealer is "full of <insert expletive>"

As stated above dealers for the most part are asses.

Thanks - TW

------------------

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got my 6r for $8500 out the door. It was like pulling teeth. But, whatever I paid, I love this bike! I got it yesterday, and I'm breaking this bad boy in.

------------------

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got mine 2 months ago. Paid $8,000 out the door. Cash talks...remember there always another dealer somewhere that will deal sooner or later. Keep looking till you find one.

------------------

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
better get it now before eric wins the 600ss championship for brand k. most dealers will come down, but not a lot. but that 600ss championship seems to help the dealer's cause.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hear ya - I caught the Pikes Peak race the other day, but it didnt occur to me that Eric winning the Champ. might strike a blow to my cause. Dealer scum will use anything to their advantage.

The best I've been able to do so far is $8400 out the door (for a seemingly tough to find green one)

------------------

·
Registered
2 Posts
A dealer in Lincoln, NE, said he had two or three ZX-6R's left, and they would go for $7400. He said OTD price would be about $7500. I beleive they were all firecracker red.

------------------
Scanner

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats about right on par with what I'm finding. I had a dealer around here down to $7499 (for a green one) over the weekend but that didnt include taxes, freight, tags, title, oxygen fee, vasoline, blah blah. All said and done the OTD price was over $8400 (just out of reach). He called me back today and I managed to get the OTD price to $8000 even (not sure what he dropped) so I'm going for it tomorrow!!

Strangely I'm finding a ton of red ones around so I consider myself lucky to find a green one at this point :)

------------------

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm in the market for a new 6R myself. I really would like a crack at the two color schemes that are unavailable to the US market right now....the silver/black or the red/balck.

With Eric about to win the 600SS championship, I have a good feeling that all colors will be available to us next year..I hope.

Anyone have any insight?

------------------

·
Registered
30 Posts
Let me know if anyone wants me to hook a few dealers. Been shopping around a lot in the last month. The best price so far for cash not including taxes and other bul$hit is 6850 but they are all red. Also found a dealer with a 6E for under 6100.

A written quote or even a verbal and a name/phone # is great to bargin with.

I found one I will buy in a few dayas real cheap.

------------------
Dave

600 Bandit

·
Registered
52 Posts
Here in Louisiana, I have several dealers at $7100, I've had 2 quote me 100 over MSRP, I just laughed and left. Before I was out the door they stopped and asked me why I was laughing, "You're beat by almost a grand, I'm going to spend $40 in gas to get it." and walked out the door. Kinda funny because 3 years ago I walked into same shop and got the same runaround, bought a '97 Mustang GT 2 days later. Guess they'll never learn.

cyclebytel has a quote referal service, and they can get the bike for $7200 +TTL and shipping.

Just my 2 cents.

Xert

------------------

[This message has been edited by xert (edited August 20, 2000).]

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks in good part to the posts in this thread I was able to get a dealer in NJ down to $7139 on a green one - OTD price of $8000. I picked it up Saturday and without a doubt its worth every penny!!!

------------------

·
Registered
741 Posts
Enjoy it,man, I have one as well, a '99, but I love it

------------------
Joe
1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, 4,100 miles, Vance and Hines Titanium slip on, synthetics, more to come soon!!!

1988 Mustang GT
www.joe4speed.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
I paid $7100 plus tax etc for my 2000 ZX6R. It worked out to about $7600 out the door.

------------------
"I feel the need... the need for speed!"

·
Registered
873 Posts
Well, it is now October and i think i will be asking the dealers for $7800.00 OTD for the Green/Black 2k6R. Any higher than that and they can shove it all.

------------------
Fear Oil.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts