Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My wife just got her first bike, a 2000 ZR-7. She really seems to like it. She is looking at buying a wind screen for it, and I was wondering if anyone has tried the one made by Targa, and how they liked it. Also, does anyone know if a seat cowl is available for it? Perhaps one for ZX-6R might work? And, do you know if there is any type of lower chin spoiler/cowling for it? Thanks!;)

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
FastHawk, welcome to the 'Naked' forum and congratulations to your wife for choosing the ZR7!
It's a great bike and I'm sure she'll enjoy it.
There is a great forum for the ZR7, you shoul dvisit it at http://www.zr-7forums.com/ many people discuss the mods on their bikes there and you'll find out all you need.
In addition you should also go to www.zr-7.com, the official zr7 site and see many pictures, with any accessory for the ZR7!
You can also become member (well your wife...) for free, and get reductions from many vendors.
INCLUDING Wild Hair ;)

Aris

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
I can also give you some info myself before you go there though.
There are some lower cowlings available, but they are not specially made for the ZR7. They fit reasonably well as I ve seen from pictures.

The Targa windshield is quite good for some. I think it's too big and spoils the Naked bike style.
I use a small flyscreen on mine, and only when I plan a really long ride. Of course you can get free exercise for your arms and neck like this! :D

The seat cowl from the ZX6 doesn't fit as far as I know. The tail looks the same, but the seat is completely different.

I suppose she got the Naked ZR7 if she's looking for a shield. Did she get a blue one? They re faster you know :D

Aris

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANKS!!!!

Wow!
Thanks for the replies. I now have much time and money to go waste! The sites you provided were exactly what I was looking for!:D :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts