Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooooo what is everyones New Years Resolutions?

Mine are:

1. Hit the Gym more, god help me, I hired a trainer! :(
2. Ride more!
3. Transfer to a University.... anyone care to pay for me? :D

·
Registered
746 Posts
I am a personal trainer.... Unless you need someone to point you to a machine and walk you over to it, you could tell me about yourself and your goals at the gym and I will write you out a basic workout to get you going.

Let me know...

-M-

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Jester you pussy. You know what you have to do. Hit the weights and start running. There, i just saved you a bunch of money.

I honestly can't think of anything i want to accomplish in the next year. :dunno:

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Well Jester it will be BACK to the gym for me on Wednesday. It is a community gym so closed Xmas & New Years. True I could be back to-morrow, but at my OLD age being their Monday, Wednesday & Friday are enough.

Next would be to hope to gosh I will not obtain a speeding or ticket or more in '06.

Definately want to latch onto a new Shoei helmet, new fabric jacket & new fabric trousers though it is hard to even buy from shops in the States. Newenough would be ideal in gear, as they have what I want, now that they are selling Shoei, & possibly an additional set of gloves only I have not figured out how they intend to sell items to us Cdns though they claim they can except it is a bit to confusing. Still it would be a good sale for them like Jacket, Trousers, Gloves & Helmet is a few smackers.

Lastly stay alive in '06!!!!!!

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
Smitty, I have to say that you are an inspiration to me, I love that you still have life by the balls and aren't taking "no" for an answer! :thumbs2:

I didn't make any "resolutions" per se this year, just some goals.

1) Spend at least a little of each day outside running around with my daughter. My mom bought me some cool cold weather gear, and some great cold weather accesories for my jogging stroller, so we can do this, barring a blizzard and negative degrees or tornados.

2) Figure out a new education plan, since the university isn't as re-entry student friendly as they led on.

3) Enjoy living!

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Hrm....goals for 2006....

Spend more time with my wife and daughter and less working. Put simply: Work to live, not live to work.

Continue getting into shape. I started last year and am about halfway to my goal.

Get my Professional Engineering license.

I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones I can think of now.

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tippmann said:
I honestly can't think of anything i want to accomplish in the next year. :dunno:

Stop being a candy ass and fight like a man instead a little school girl! :dunno:

:twofinger

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
2 years ago, my new years resolution was to lose as much weight as possible. I went from 300 lbs to 236 in 6 months. Unfortunatly, I moved, and lost my place to walk. There are a ton of coyotes around where I live now... so I stopped. This year, my goal is to drop below 200. Of course, this will be much easier after I get a handgun larger than a 22LR. For some odd reason, I dont feel secure with that thing.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Jester said:
Stop being a candy ass and fight like a man instead a little school girl! :dunno:

:twofinger
That sounds kind of like a challenge. Where's Dan, the SBW Fight Night is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you can get your "personal trainer" to whip you into shape before you take your beating.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Your blaming your lack of exercise on the size of your gun??? Thank God I live in Australia!!

Go walk around the yard ya lazy bastard! :twofinger

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tippmann said:
That sounds kind of like a challenge. Where's Dan, the SBW Fight Night is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you can get your "personal trainer" to whip you into shape before you take your beating.:rolleyes:

Hmmm well I will be in the New York area in May/June area...:confused: Naw, I don't want to beat you down in front of your home crowd. :twofinger

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Hey no problem with coyotes. I lived in Banff National Park in Alberta & lots of coyotes. When I jogged a small part I would get 2 or 6 coyotes running along with me, every once in a while, & I think they just like the slow pace I had to what they can move at. Possibly they had their eye on my boxer dog, but he stuck close me through training. Also when I turned back said few to more coyotes would run some place else, so who knows why they were as I mentioned.

Lots of coyotes here in this area & no one says they worry them. Besides I just came from the gym this morning. So starting up my work-out though in the community gym being closed from Dec 24th to Jan 2nd I did skip going on Tuesday as I only go Mon, Wed, & Friday. I need to let the muscles of this 75+ year old sort of recover in between days.

If it was bears or grizzlies then I would question jogging or walking for we have had a number of maulings by said animals to a number of deaths to those exercising for their sport to even some of the potential bonze to gold medal winners in some championships in the near future. After all the humans have moved into their terrain & to many is simply to much for the bears or even cougars when they feel in danger of survival or food.

Of interst a 65 year old retired trapper, log faller, was attacked on his walk from one small town to another & actually fought the couger off with only a 4" quick release-blade knife. This was around 4-5 yrs ago & yes here in B.C. Cdn.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Smitty said:
Hey no problem with coyotes. I lived in Banff National Park in Alberta & lots of coyotes. When I jogged a small part I would get 2 or 6 coyotes running along with me,

Therein lies the problem. 4-6 Coyotes... No problem. I grew up in Vermont. I am used to coyotes... as the lone scavengers they usually are. However, the pack out here is 25+ coyotes, and they have begun to hunt larger prey. Yes, HUNT. They are acting more like wolves than coyotes. I've never, in my entire life, seen (or heard of) coyotes traveling in such large numbers.

Your blaming your lack of exercise on the size of your gun??? Thank God I live in Australia!!

Go walk around the yard ya lazy bastard!
Yeah.. umm.. my yard is far from a safe haven. I live in the middle of friggin' nowhere, and there is no fence seperating my yard from theirs. Often times, I can look out my window and see the whole pack running around my back yard. Often times I have thought of dropping my window and picking them off with the 257, but that would be just slightly illegal. I think I will stick to the origional 'big gun' plan. Fear not... First 9MM will be purchased this friday!

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
ZX6R1033 said:
...my yard is far from a safe haven. I live in the middle of friggin' nowhere, and there is no fence seperating my yard from theirs. Often times, I can look out my window and see the whole pack running around my back yard...
:eek: Okay, I can see the need for a bigger gun now.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
ZX6R1033 said:
2 years ago, my new years resolution was to lose as much weight as possible. I went from 300 lbs to 236 in 6 months. Unfortunatly, I moved, and lost my place to walk. There are a ton of coyotes around where I live now... so I stopped. This year, my goal is to drop below 200. Of course, this will be much easier after I get a handgun larger than a 22LR. For some odd reason, I dont feel secure with that thing.
Are you allowed to snare on your property? I would imagine that if it were a matter of personal safety you would be allowed.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I usta get $3.00 an ear 'bout 30 years ago when I was a kid. .306, or 12GA shot gun work pretty well. We really didn't worry about attacks on ourselves. You'd be lucky if you could get to within a couple hundred yards of one. Unless you'd catch them raiding the chicken coops. Anyway the lady that owned the ranch could actually call them in. Then we'd pop em. (sometimes). The worst problem is domestic dogs running with / breeding within the pack. These "dogs" are not afraid of humans and will attack. I would suggest no less than a 9mm. If ya don't want to kill one, shoot a round in to the ground. Then run out and take you're stand. If that doesn't work call the cops.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Jester doing some skullcrushers with the aid of his personal trainer lance. Go heavy or go home man.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
In Cdn every hunter to even us orchardists(well ex-orchardist for me) that had the right to drop deer or bears in our orchards & were also given the right to drop as many of the so called domestic dogs running around in wild pacs, by th Confiscation Dept.

As for using a 9mm h/gun to kill masses of coyotes on the hunt to Kill will be basically usless unless you are a darn good h/gun shooter & you might claim you were a few yrs back only as the h/gun directory-instructor at our Club I know just a week or month away from target (not wild & fast moving coyotes) shooting all find it hard to get back into tune. I shoot every Sunday morning to sometime in the afternoon, with others & every Tuesday evening with others EVERY week of the year & that means year after year.

If I was up against such a mass I would be looking at a 12 gauge pump shotgun with eight shot tube. Yes they are good for I have such a police riot shotgun along with an older five shot tube.

Good chance you will miss or else possibly putting a round in your foot or leg.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts