Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
slicktalker said:
Somebody had to build the most extreme bike on the planet. That's why Honda create the "VTX 1800".
Thats hilarious!LMAO!!!
:rolleyes: :D :p ;)

·
Registered
560 Posts
Isn't it funny that Big Red decides to "Out Harley" Harley, who in turn, lays a Porsche tweeked VR-1000 based monster (only 1100 cc to boot) with good brakes, decent suspension (for a cruiser type) and perhaps best of all A LIGHTER BIKE!

Oh MERCY what is the world coming to!

HDI's up over $50 a share too. :)

P

·
0 Posts
Tahoe said:
Isn't it funny that Big Red decides to "Out Harley" Harley, who in turn, lays a Porsche tweeked VR-1000 based monster (only 1100 cc to boot) with good brakes, decent suspension (for a cruiser type) and perhaps best of all A LIGHTER BIKE!

Oh MERCY what is the world coming to!
I don't know, I'm quite accustomed to the one-upmanship that occurs in the motrocycle market.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hey Pete, agreed....that is the general format in motorcyle manufacturing.

I'm just enjoying the brief moment of joy, seeing Harley actually bring out a pretty slick new motor, wrapped in a very unusual format (especially for HD). I think HD was very wise in selecting Porsche to rework the VR concept into something with longterm viability, not just performance (EPA, Noise regs, etc) Mahle pistons too! cool.

But in the technology war, I'm afraid it's a lost cause for Harley, but in a financial war, it's a whole 'nother story. Companies exist to make a profit and that they do. Unfortunately some dealers take that premise WAY too far, which further deteriorates a brand's reputation. Such is life.

I am really looking forward to the VR based Buell due out shortly, should be a fun bike without the usual Harley price gouging...I hope. We shall see.

Ride Safe!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts