Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im getting tired of how the cable companies and tv companies dont work together !!! You have this awesome HDtv made for you, then you have to get the cable companies SEPARATE CABLE BOX to then plug it in to the TV. Now your HDtv is a slave to the cable box and its remote controller, and the tv's controller and functions are to never be used. And the signal goes through the same line; within the cable line is regular & digital television, so what's the need for the BOX?

Why havent they made a HDtv with a digital tuner built in? Why:crying:!?!?

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
I've got one with a digital tuner built in. Got it at Best Buy. I just don't have cable at my new house yet, and an antenna would be a waste of money due to my location.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
For HD you're required to either get their "box" (~$15/mo) or get a CableCARD (~$2/mo), if you got the right TV. My Pioneer has a CableCARD slot and built-in programming guide. Downsides to CableCARD: no on-demand, no interactive, no programming guide through their interface.

So far I miss nothing from the "box" :barf2:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For HD you're required to either get their "box" (~$15/mo) or get a CableCARD (~$2/mo), if you got the right TV. My Pioneer has a CableCARD slot and built-in programming guide. Downsides to CableCARD: no on-demand, no interactive, no programming guide through their interface.

So far I miss nothing from the "box" :barf2:
that still sux a bit, now they need to interpret a HDD to record shows . . . better yet, a make that 50" plazma computer. Simply make the hdtv with a built-in computer, and get the tv channels straight from the internet (dont forget to make it a touch screen), that would solve quite a bit of the monopoly shiz
Dennis Palatov of dpcars bought a plazma 'nd a super good computer for 'buisness purposes' (tax deduct) and plugged both together. It's a realy cool setup, he does his design work for the DP1 on his couch

someone must have thought of it by now . . .
:tp:

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
:rolleyes:

Computer w/ HD Graphics card and large hard drive.

HD Projector.

What is the complication here? ;)

Record what you want via computer program/tuner card... watch it through your projector. Screw 50" Plasma TVs for $3,000+. My projector is expandable to 12'.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
projectors are fine.... at night.... some time ago we connected our projector to cable via video tape machine; and used it durring the day with cool results but who joking here, it wasnt the best idea for picture quality!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts