Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, this is my first post so hopefully I don't act too much like a :squid: I have alot of experience MXing with a late model 125 so I feel I have atleast a grounding for throttle control, balance, etc. I know it will all be different on a street bike but I feel im a bit above the normal rider. I have been looking at a bike for a while but between starting college and getting a car money has been tight, but now im pretty well settled and am looking into a bike. I am thinking of perhaps a triumph speed four. I believe it will have plenty of power, is relatively cheap(sort of), but most importantly is tamer than a 600 ss(I think at least). I will be using this bike to ride year around pretty much, about 45 miles a day. I know triumph has had problems in the past but it looks like they are working them out. My question is two ply. Will the speed four make an ok first bike with previous bike experience(even though none on the rode) and will it be reliable enough to drive every day. reliability is my largest concern as even though it seems many problems have been worked out oil leaking still seems to pop up every now and then. Also, anyone know any good dealers in Ohio Indiana or Kentucky? The closer to Cincinnati the better. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Welcome to the Triumph site.......good to have some fresh meat!

I don't know what troubles you are reffering to.........other than the fact, that I have trouble finding time in the day to be on mine! :twofinger Damn work!

Get one you love to ride............that's my:2cents:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I think you will be really happy with the Speed Four. Yes, it is nice to have a reputable Triumph dealer in your area, check around locally and see what the word on the street is about your local Triumph dealers.

Let us know if you get it.

Welcome

1 - 4 of 4 Posts