Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone see this yet?:
http://www.rideteamtriumph.com/news.htm

As alluded to by its name and alone among the cruiser fold the Rocket III is powered by a triple cylinder engine, an engine format that Triumph has very much made its own. Its fuel-injected, longitudinally-mounted, in-line three-cylinder engine has a cubic capacity of 2,294cc – 140 cubic inches
I'm not a cruiser fan, but this one doesn't look too bad.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I wonder if this is the same engine they plan to use in the GT class sportbike thatis being developed to dethrone the zx12and busa? I think it will be an inline four, the triple would be cooler.:D

·
Registered
215 Posts
"Mmmmmmm Hmmmm I hit him with a lawnmower blade Mmmmmm Hmmmm ,,,, Better send the ambulance,,, Maybe a hurse..... Mmmmmm Hmmmmm Spilt his head almost in two, Mmmmmm Hmmmm"

HA HA HA

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
The Asian companies have all agreed to the 186mph limit. John Bloor has said that he will not abide to this gentlemens agreement and is aiming at 205 mph bike off the showroom floor. Triumph has a history of doing such things. If it makes it to production and truly does 205 mph, it will be the fastest production bike made to date.This new cruiser(named after a BSA?) proves they are stepping up to meet the Asian big boys.

·
Registered
459 Posts
that crusier will be the fastest production bike made 0 to 60 it does it in 2.8 seconds and comes with a 240 rear tire stock. also look at cycle world the bike in 2nd gear will smoke the rear tire just by wacking the throttel. also has a 315 mm rear rotor and 2 320 mm front rotors . the brakes from the front are from a daytona.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
KLRBE said:
that crusier will be the fastest production bike made 0 to 60 it does it in 2.8 seconds and comes with a 240 rear tire stock. also look at cycle world the bike in 2nd gear will smoke the rear tire just by wacking the throttel. also has a 315 mm rear rotor and 2 320 mm front rotors . the brakes from the front are from a daytona.
Since when is 2.8 0-60 the fastest????

·
Registered
459 Posts
triumph has it down that it will be the fastes 0to 60 bike produced. I could have swore he told me 2.8 seconds may it was less.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts