Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's everyone doing? Thanks for spending the time out of your life to view my thread. I just joined here because I want to start riding. I am very new to riding, I've never even been on a sportbike. I've ridden dirtbikes a few times out on the dunes, but other than that I'm a noob. I have a few months anyways before I can afford a bike, but figured this would be a good place to start learning. Any thoughts on what a good starter bike would be for me?

·
Registered
452 Posts
not to sound assanine, but a small bike would be best.... I was one of the lucky ones; one who bought a big 600 bike and lived to tell the tale of the stupid kid buying a big bike for his first..... get a small bike like a 500, get it used, get it for cheap, get it scratched and damaged cosmetically, and get it done :thumbs2:

oh, and welcome to SBW :cheers:

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Welcome :cheers:

The stickie threads in the New Riders forum can help you on your way. Read them over and post up any questions you have after you've Searched to see if they've already been asked or answered :2cents:

·
Registered
5 Posts
A great book to have before buying your first bike

Lots of good info being posted here on this forum..

Have a look at this great book on Amazon as well:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Targeting-Negotiating-Purchasing-Motorcycle-ebook/dp/B007VDUWGG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336202844&sr=8-1[/ame]

Happy and safe riding!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts