Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all you biker enthusiasts!
I'm so new to this that it isn't even funny but I have been interested in bikes for a long time now and have recently decided that I should make my dreams realities.
I know next to nothing about bikes but I know that I am mainly interested (at this point in my search) in sportbikes since when I purchase one it will be a sportbike.
I know nothing of what I'm looking for...all I know is the colour that I want and that's about it. HAHA I know pathetic right?

Which is why I have joined this site in hopes that someone out there would be willing to share any of their knowledge with me.
Anything that anyone has to offer, information, fun facts, "must know"'s, would so great and much appreciated.
Things like which make is best for what, insurance info, where I should go to take lessons and where I should take my test, who I should buy from, how much is a good price for a bike, etc etc are all unbelievably helpful things!

Thanks so much for reading guys and I look forward to speaking with all you interesting people!!!

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
We aren't all interesting. Actually, "Mildly entertaining" would be a better phrasing. :laughing:

You obviously haven't ready any of the other threads in the new rider section, so that would be an excellent place to start. Countless hours have been spent giving huge amounts of advice, and every bit of it is right there on tap, just waiting for ya! In fact, you'll probably find answers to hundreds of questions you didn't even know you wanted to ask yet.

Rydeaddict is currently our own personal pet noob, so you could definitely find out a lot from her questions in other posts. oh yeah, and don't forget to pick on her endlessly. Harassment is the name of the game around here. ;)

For first bike suggestions, Read this.

Here is another thread that is short and to the point. Click here.

And my final link/advice for right now... Whatever you do, whatever questions come up next, for the love of god, don't be like Charlie. His thread

Also, you will want to budget for full riding gear. Boots, Pants, Jacket, Gloves, Helmet. One of our other regular members summed it up best a year or two ago on the subject of crashing... "It's not a question of if, or even when... It's how many times." We all want to see you live for many more years. :thumbs2:

Ready to begin your journey? Click here. Take your time, read through the other forums. Any questions you can't find answers to, feel free to ask.

Oh and... Welcome to the forum. :twofinger (Standard greeting)

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Welcome :cheers:

My only specific adder is to take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's Beginner's class. It is the ONLY way to start.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts