Sportbike World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, I'm new to street bikes at the moment, I used to ride motorcross up until about 18, I'm 20 now. For the past 3-4 years I've been driving mustangs and I'm coming out of a cobra right now and I have need for speed I guess you could say. With that being said, I've mostly been a yamaha fan all my life and I've seriously been looking at an r1 or even the fz-09 but I've had a few people say I needed a 250 which I just laughed at because they haven't really been riders themselves.. So I wanted some real world advice from experience people, what is realistic and good for me?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im in the same boat, I was going to post something very similar but I figured I would just latch onto this thread since my situation is very similar. I grew up racing motorcross my whole life, had to retire for a few years while i went to school. I just graduated and want to buy a street bike. Like Colby1015 I dream of speed, but not ever owning a sportbike Im trying to decide between a cbr500 or a supersport 600cc bike. with my racing background do you think i should start with the 500 and move up or is that just a waste of time a money?? thanks guys

1 - 2 of 2 Posts