Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello to everybody, i think i will like it here. seems to be a wealth of knowledge. i have been a motorcycle rider all my life nearly. started riding when i was 11, i am now 31. been riding cruisers, mostly Harley D. now i have flipped over and gone sportbike crazy. got new R6 and feel like Alice, nothing feels right and no low-rpm giddy-up. all very strange, but felt like learning something new. hope to learn alot.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Welcome to SBW! :hello:

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
Welcome to SBW, and congrats on seeing your way out of "the Dark Side" :laughing:

·
Registered
925 Posts
You`ll get used to not having any low end get up once you hit 80mph for your first time on a bike :p

·
Registered
250 Posts
bigblue said:
welcome,
and remember, it is ok to wave to the sportbike riders now!:D
And you'll find that harley riders only like other harley riders and that buells really do own the corners...the real sport bikes have left them far behind.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
welcome to the madness ;)

E.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Always glad to a see a new member! Welcome:cheers:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes, i have found that HD snobs abound, one of the reasons i wandered away from them. when i bought my new yamaha, i had not even turned the throttle in about 4 years. just lost interest, too many Hell's Angel CPA types creeping me out. this bike seems to bringing the fun back for me.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
dozer said:
...too many Hell's Angel CPA types creeping me out...
:laughing: Hey, it's the toughest image money can buy! :thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi dozer, I'm in the same boat - I've been riiding for about fifteen years and I just bought a 1997 Honda CBR600 F3. I'm looking forward to riding this bike to its potential , and I'm going to seek out as much advice as possible about sportbike riding. Good luck and have fun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts