Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody....like the Subject line says...i am new to SBW and am looking for a bike....right now i own 2 cars (see sig) and i am thinking about selling the Camaro...if i do i want to buy a Sport bike...something like a Honda F3 or a Yamaha YZF-600R.

I have been doing a lot of research and from what i have read...it looks like these 2 bikes are great for beginners...

I used to own a 96 Kawasaki KX-125 2-stroke dirt bike...but have sold it to a friend and i still ride it occationally. I am going to be taking a motorcycle safty course soon.

I have always wanted a Sport bike...i am only 21 but i think i would be a responsible rider. Any thoughts or opinions? Thanks for any input....and great site!!!:thumb:

-Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Welcome, Hope ypu find What Your looking for There's a nice F3 on E-bay. The links in the classifieds.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Saleen: From the research I've done on motorcycle insurance, the quotes sometimes say that they go down after age 21. So with the MSF course discount and age, you might get a better insurance quote.

Good luck on your hunt! I am still looking, myself, but the market is still nice and fresh! :D

·
Registered
627 Posts
Sweet ride in the picture. Is it a saleen? If so which one? I've only seen two of them, one was the the 302 & the other was the 351. Both were very cool cars.

Good luck in your motorcycle search:thumb:
You're gonna have alot of fun when you get on two wheels.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
R6steve said:
Sweet ride in the picture. Is it a saleen? If so which one? I've only seen two of them, one was the the 302 & the other was the 351. Both were very cool cars.

Good luck in your motorcycle search:thumb:
You're gonna have alot of fun when you get on two wheels.
Yeah...it is a 97 Saleen S281 (non-supercharged :rolleyes: )...i love it. I have my car on CarDomain.com...check it out....dont forget to vote...

http://members.cardomain.com/saleen201

-Mike

ps...thanks for the compliments

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Hiya!!
Welcome to SBW!!:)
Nice car!!
About a month ago I picked up a beautiful 1990 Mustang GT 5 speed to go along with my 1991 Camaro RS. Have u checked out the crate motors available from Jegs??
The bikes u are looking at are both good choices and your idea of taking the MSF course is also a good idea!!
Let us know what u decide!!:)

JIM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts