Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! My name is Adrienne. My husband and I have been riding for several years. I ride a 2003, Honda CBR600RR, and my husband rides a 2007, Yamaha R6. Looking to meet other riders in Raleigh, NC, because we have a small child and it is next to impossible for us to ride together. I am not fond of riding alone. lol

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Welcome to both of you !

No grandma to babysit ? Bummer

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol...No unfortunately all of our free sitters live in Florida. His sisters are here, but they are always busy. Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
the people here are great, your gonna love em,

maybe an armored baby suit and a backpack type harness

or a baby carrier tankbag

or a tailbag with a dvd player and disney movies

:cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL. At six she is much more interested in riding the dirt bike her daddy has promised her, but those are great suggestions. She originally asked for a pocket bike but I am not comfortable with that; she can start on a tiny dirt bike.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Welcome :cheers:

I wondered how my wife and I could ride together if we picked up a ride for her given the child situation. I wonder how many fewer crashes I would've had if I had ridden with someone more experienced :huh:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Dirt bike is THE perfect start....

Kan...crashing is how you learn not to crash....so now your awesome

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kan, we are able to ride together occasionally, but not as much as I would like. We have to rely to babysitters, family (who are extrememly flakey) or when Jada is at a friend's house.

I crashed while riding with my father who has ridden for 40 years....so I'm not sure that makes much difference. Oil, Ninja 250 tires, just after a rain, first Biketoberfest with less than 6 months experience at the time...bad combo. But the Ninja was a great starter bike and made me a better rider. I'm certainly more comfortable on my 600RR because I had a year on the 250.

Ark-
I come from a biker family so I was not at all shocked when she asked for a bike. She has been around motorcycles her entire life. Any suggestions on a type of dirt bike for a child?

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Kan...crashing is how you learn not to crash....so now your awesome
:laughing: OMG, you gotta cut it out. My colleagues are staring at me and my tears of laughter.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Dirt bike is THE perfect start....
I actually wanted to go back and take up dirt, having already been on the street. But everyone I comment on that to has some kinda death story. Nearly no one has a death story about street riding. All that gives me pause. Well, that and money and time :rolleyes: Maybe when I have a kid who's interested.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
its terrific fun... I always wanted to race but Dad wouldnt allow it...turns out he raced everybody on everything...guess he didnt want me taking chances...I had to beg 2 years for a motorcycle...but thats another story

Its been so long Red i dont know what to recommend but a Honda mini trail 50..LOL...anybody remember those?

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
6yrs old

at 6 shes a little late in starting riding. no just kidding. my little girl started at 3 with a yamaha pw50. if she is a quick leaner I would go with a little 70 crf or suzuki. other wise go with a total automatic like the pw or ktm 50. she wont last long on them though if she really takes to riding. my daughter at 7 yrs old moved up to the suzuki RM65 and did fairly well with it in the race season. she was using the clutch and going thru all 6 gears in a few hours.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
97- :laughing: Don't get it twisted...my munchkin will not be racing. It is strictly for fun and because she wants to learn. She's a dancer and has no time to take up another competition. She is a quick learner, so I thank you for the suggestions.

ARK- :laughing: :laughing: cute pic

·
Registered
526 Posts
another thing

ah whats another thing to add to her schedule. mine does wrestling, soccer, baseball, football, mxing, flatracking & snowboarding. many a weeks we are dragging butt from traveling out here with her. I keep telling her she needs to choose from a few but she loves them all. heres a shot after a race.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very adorable pic! I just don't have that kind of time. She has dance three days a week...Mommy has a life, too. lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts