Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm newly registered to Sportbikeworld.com, but have been lurking for a little while. I currently ride/race an RC51. I live outside of Phoenix, AZ. I have a wife and 5 month old daughter (btw, the wife is a rider who has a racing license, too).

Who else is from AZ?? I know AZ Scott and Mongrel. I am originally from Iowa and have spent several years in Florida and upstate NY. I used to race in the North East and now do my knee-dragging in the Southwest.

Enough about me, hope you don't mind me adding my .02 every now and again.....

Chris....

------------------

G

·
Welcome Chris! Is your choice of that username like tying a string around your finger so you don't forget something? J/K! :)

------------------
Pete
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, you could call it a reminder. I just like it because the only way someone understands it is if they ride bikes and know what a race pattern is. Most cage-drivers just look at it and say "huh?".

It makes for a good license plate, too.

------------------

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
great username and yes, a cool plate too! Welcome! :)

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens

·
Squid
2019 Ducati Monster 1200s
813 Posts
Whassup!

------------------
John

Not the brightest crayon in the box now, are we?

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Arizona brothers unite! :)

Welcome to SBW Chris.

------------------
Robert Basil
It ain't easy being green - Kermit the frog
But it sure is fun! - Robert Basil

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
i think it's easier to ask who's not from az... :p have fun, awesome board.

you race the 51?

if you go to lrrs races on sportmotorcycle.com you can read what they believe to be the first win in the us for the rc51. scroll down to april, that same weekend, a fairly stock rc51 and a completely stock gsxr750 won in expert-class competition. pretty cool.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No kidding! OK, who here is NOT from AZ???

Concerning the LRRS article, I have to dispute it. I believe I was the first to win on it. I picked it up and on the way home I smoked some dude in a pickup! Just kidding. I know Des and used to race against him when I lived in the North East.

I won my first race on it, but that was on May 21.

Thank you for the welcome, everyone........

------------------

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
As you can see, there is plenty of AZ trash on SBW. ;) :D :p

Welcome! :cool:

Racing the 51 sounds fun. I just hope to get mine on a track for school/trackday soon. :)

I had it at the Squid International Raceway(aka Deal's Gap in the TN, NC Smokey Mountains) this weekend. Lot's of trashed bikes. :eek:

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

·
Registered
367 Posts
Welcome aboard. There are plenty of AZ people on this list, but welcome anyway :p

I think that you are the first Honda racer on the list. Or is it first to admit that you race a Honda :rolleyes: j/k

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
39 speeding tickets and now I have a V1.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts