Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Squid
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Try some Pilot racers. They have some serious bite, and you'd be surprised how long they last. About the same as the 207 street compunds I had

------------------
John

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

·
Registered
503 Posts
i dont like the dunlop zr's.. i just dont feel comfortable on them. i do like the gp's & stars though.. i cant wait till the rr's are available here. i just ordered some avon azaro's w/the variable belt density & will let every 1 know in a week or so.

------------------

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey does anyone have any info on metzeler mez3 or dunlop d 207's?? I am ready to put some new rubber on the 900rr but want a more sticky tire than the old battle ax's But I dont want a real low mileage tire either, any input?

------------------

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have the 207's on my R1 and today I am changing the rear. It has 3300 miles on it with never a burn out. I am also pretty easy on it and don't drag the rear tire with downshifting (use brakes more and downshift to keep up with the speed reduction). Most of the guys I talk to only get 1500 to 2000 miles out of their rears.

------------------
Marty

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
207 won't last as long as the battlax's. i don;'t know crap about mez3's but my old z1's (on my f2) lasted about as long as 207's did on my f2.

i rode an r1 with the new evo's (which are mostly likely the same as the mez3's, just pirelli, someone wanna jump in here?) and i loved them. a bit spendy though. i'll stick to throwing out 207's every 2200 miles (and i don't do burnout, drag brakes, or even fart at them, i do use 30lbs of air or so, though.).

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just put them on my VFR,can't say on mileage.
God do they stick!! Try them out and you might be surprised.

------------------
Steven G. Knecht
1991 VFR750F
1989 RX-7 GTU

1 - 6 of 6 Posts