Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
On it's way

Word is that my bike is still in shipment from importer to Dealer. Should be here any day. I get more and more anxious everyday waiting for it.

It's a fully setup FS400e for motard racing.

-Ron

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hopefully (keepin' my fingers crossed) mine will be at the dealer sometime in January. I'm already buying mods for it!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
updated, again

I've gotten firm word that the bike will here for sure on friday.

It has been picked up from dealer and is on a roadway truck somewhere between Idaho and Seattle.

In other news, last saturday was my 1st ever flat track race. Came in 3rd (missed 2nd by less than a foot on the 100) in both heats.

I DNF'd the main on the 100 (intake valve adjuster backed out)

The bikes I was racing:

Xr 100 (against CR 250, KX 250 and WR 426).
79 XT 500(or XL I can't remember--either way it was borrowed) against CRF 450, YZ426, 2 other flat trackers. I came in 4th ,out of 5, in the main.

I'm thinking the 'berg with the motard setup is gonna be a good setup on this track. It's an indoor dirt short track in monroe,wa.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Last Update

Got the final word today: Bike made the trip from Boise, to Salt Lake City. As of this AM it was in Portland.

It's estimated I can pick my bike up at NOON tomorrow!!!!

Christmas came a little early this year.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I unfortunately must still wait for a month for the delivery of fs650e... in Italy the climate I am much cold here and then aspect calmly... force husaberg!!

P

·
0 Posts
Re: Got it

ronwest99 said:
I posted this on the 'berg forum, but here is the link for some of the pics of me breaking in the new bike:
You break in a supermoto by pretending to slide the rear end out? :D Awesome bike!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm glad someone finally noticed. I had no idea that my buddy took that pic while I was just getting the bike running and figuring out how the ergos were gonna work for me.

You have to look close to figure out that the bike isn't moving.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Grok said:
Anyone got a new SuperMotard lately?
Well today I thought REAL hard about buying a brand new, but 2000, WR 400 (damn salesmen!). It was an awesome deal and it didn't help my buddy was there basically trying to help the salesman close the deal. In the end, I just couldn't sign the papers though. I not sure I'm ready to give up sportbikes just yet, and I've had my heart set on a big bore 2-stroke (KX or CR) since I started thinking of a 'motard. Also, after seeing your bike Grok, I've been dreaming of Husas ever since. I'll have to look up the price and avialibility in my area.:drool:

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: Re: New SuperMotard

Hysyde said:

Well today I thought REAL hard about buying a brand new, but 2000, WR 400 (damn salesmen!). It was an awesome deal and it didn't help my buddy was there basically trying to help the salesman close the deal. In the end, I just couldn't sign the papers though. I not sure I'm ready to give up sportbikes just yet, and I've had my heart set on a big bore 2-stroke (KX or CR) since I started thinking of a 'motard. Also, after seeing your bike Grok, I've been dreaming of Husas ever since. I'll have to look up the price and avialibility in my area.:drool:
:p
Don't worry man! We always buy a new bike thinking it will be our last (least thats what I tell the Mrs.) But we just keep on buying and our tastes keep evolving.:D
Just enjoy yerself, life's too short! But remember, nothing makes you feel like a "kid at christmas" like a SuperMotard. Man they're fun.

·
Registered
296 Posts
What's up GROK? Sorry I haven't kept you posted on the progress of my KX250-SM. I created a fiberglass front headlight and tailight assembly with some help from a buddy who runs a stereo shop and makes those gauge assemblies for cars. As soon as I can re-claim my digital camera from my friend who borrowed it, I'll post pics. I ordered the 17" wheels about three weeks ago, but it looks like excel has them on backorder?

I got the stator from Rick's Stators, and installed it the other day, but I haven't even had time to fire it up since.

Still working on the suspension right now, but we'll see in a few weeks.
Wish me luck!
Tommy

1 - 20 of 32 Posts