Sportbike World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'ello all,
Just joined SBW last night, really liked what I found info wise just browsing. I have a 1998 superhawk bought new in 2000, and love every last piece of it, except the parts of the rear fender I chopped off so I could actually see that nice rear tire, and the side reflectors, those had to go also.
No other mods done yet except for the slight bodywork, I am ordering a set of Leo-vince high mount slip-ons tomorrow.
So, on to my first question.... I have read of other superhawk riders integrating the turn signals into the taillight, I have seen this kit once in a magazine (or online, I can't remember) but cannot find it now, does anyone out there know where I can pick up this kit, I am gonna need it with the pipes, and any feedback anyone has that likes the kit or doesn't would be great too.
Thanks to all who reply in advance, and hello again to everyone.

NateDogg

If I had two dead mice, I'd give you one.

P

·
0 Posts
Rear Signal Intergator Kit

Welcome Nate!

Here ya go, posted by DoubleAught in a thread in the "How Do I" forum:

I just installed my second Integrator kit, so here's the story... They have a website, www.flashalert.com, the price is 69.95, and it takes about 15 minutes to install. The advantage of using the integrator instead of the diy method is that you have very clear instructions, you have the option of a pulsing taillight, and it is easy for the eletrically inept, like me. With fuel injection on a brand new bike I was very apprehensive about cutting any wires without explicit instructions to follow. Disadvantage is the price. One thing it does is to turn off the opposite light for a second when you first signal, so that your intent is obvious. When I purchased the first one, the owner of the company called me to ask if I was satisfied, and if I had any problems at all. More companies oughts be like that.
If you're comfortable with your wiring abilities and want to save money, go the DIY route, but if you do choose the Integrator, you won't be unhappy with the results.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks

Thank you to all who welcomed me to SBW, I wish I had learned about and joined here a lot earlier in my motorcycling life.

Nate

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been thinking about a Superhawk also. I would like to find out peoples opinion on them. Are they quick and agile? I would assume that they have light front ends making for easy lifters? Would you take a tl1000S or the SUperHawk?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Welcome to the forums! My husband has a 1998 VTR and also integrated the tail light, but didn't use a kit, just figured out the wiring on his own. I really don't care for it, as it's hard to tell when he is going to turn, but with the kit like Pete posted above, it might be easier to see. Sounds like it anyway. Good luck with it and post some pics with the new pipes, they'll look great! :D

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Re: thanks

NateDogg said:
Thank you to all who welcomed me to SBW, I wish I had learned about and joined here a lot earlier in my motorcycling life.

Nate
yeah me too, if for no other reason than I used to live a lot closer to these clowns before I moved to florida.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hurricane73mph said:
I've been thinking about a Superhawk also. I would like to find out peoples opinion on them. Are they quick and agile? I would assume that they have light front ends making for easy lifters? Would you take a tl1000S or the SUperHawk?

Having rode both bikes, I would take the Superhawk (obviously) over the TL. I thought the TL riding position was to aggressive (for me anyway, 6'1" @ 250lbs) to make anything more than a medium length ride painful. I also thought the TL's engine was not as smooth as the 'hawks (the machine I rode backfired several times, it was new, and warmed up, also had a funky clicking sound, coulda been put together wrong). Both bikes will pick up the front end and hand it to you from first and second gear, this is from personal experience. Found myself staring at the clear blue sky many times, twice without trying, scared the hell outta me at first, but you get used to it quick (had to get used to the excess power, upgrading from a 550cc) Both are very quick and very agile, although the TL might have an advantage in cornering, but probably not enough to make a difference on the street. I have tossed around the 'hawk pretty hard at times, the machines ability far exceeds mine at this point, so no problems there. The only problem I have with the superhawk is the lack of range, at best I will get 120 miles before riding on fumes, ride aggressive and it drops to about 100 miles. since I am a poor vet med student, I can't get the six-gallon carbon fiber tank. And the superhawk has the advantage of being a Honda...

NateDogg

·
Registered
7 Posts
NateDogg,

Thnx for the input...

I'm planning on hitting the Dealers this weekend to see if I can see both bikes. The Honda seems like it has a lot of aftermarket parts that can be added+++ I like the midgrange info.

I think I'm liking the streetfighter look now and those bikes seem to offer the best chance of getting that look.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Hey 'cane, in a couple weeks when the weather improves we'll have to take a ride. I'll be glad to demonstrate the VTR for you. I'm in south Cols., usually ride S.E. OH/WV area.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cool deal.....

I didn't get to see any of the bikes I wanted to this weekend :-(

I should have my front tire in and will be looking forward to riding! I'm on the East side of Columbus. I've been south as far as the Outlet malls but that's about the extent of my travels, with me being new to the columbus area, originally from AKron.

I hear there's a motorcycle dealership in Grove city???

1 - 17 of 17 Posts