Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a big fan of m/c games, much more so than car games - and I've played loads of'em. Even picked up Midnight Club 2 & 3 and Moto GP 3 for motorcycle racing. Thought I think is Midnight Club 3 DUB is most fun of the three.

Anyway, here's what to be expected before they bury PS2:

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/651/651118p1.html

check out the trailer.

can't wait...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wow, I never thought we would see this kind of game. There was an arcade racer called Riding Spirits. It was fun, but looked nothing like this. Ditto...can't wait.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This game will be as real as it can be in terms of real world, engine, and physics. I'm going to guess many players and actual riders alike can experiment with one of those "what if" situations before applying it in real world track days.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Highlights:

Tourist Trophy could end up being one of the most expansive bike racers ever. The game will include over 80 bikes from domestic and international bike makers. Over thirty-five courses will make the cut, with most of the courses from Gran Turismo 4 included

It also includes a number of clothes. That's right, you can select your gear prior to the start of a race! The game includes a variety of helmets, suits, gloves and boots, with Shichisawa revealing that we can expect over fifty suits and fifty helmets, along with street ware. We saw some big name brands in the demo version: Arai, Kushitani, Shoei, Taichi and Spidi look like they'll be making it into Tourist Trophy.

While playing the Tourist Trophy World mode, you can adjust your riding experience in three ways. Prior to the start of a race, you can make quick adjustments to your bike in such areas as power, weight, driving assist and front/rear tire type. You also have access to a Closet, where you can try out all the gear that you've collected.

Also adjustable in TTW mode is riding form. While Tourist Trophy includes a few pre-set forms (inside, normal and outside), Tourist Trophy World's Form Editor allow you to make fine adjustments to eight areas of your form, including seat position, knee angle, underarm angle and waist offset. Form adjustments aren't just for show, as the game simulates your rider's center of gravity, changing the feel of the race based on your form.

Play the game, and you'll find that racing on two wheels is a totally different experience from four wheels, even though you're racing on the Gran Turismo courses you've come to know over the past year. Gran Turismo doesn't deal with wipeouts and crashes, but Tourist Trophy sure does. It's easy to make your bike lean too far and flip out, with the game switching to a third-person perspective as your bike and biker tumble into the barriers. The game does a good job of replicating the feeling of speed of bike racing, as well as the bumpiness and noise of the ride while racing in racer's perspective.

·
Registered
515 Posts
sweet, i can't wait for this to come out... i'm a little skeptical as to how the controls would be w/ respect to leaning, countersteering, body postion and braking. I know i cheat a bit w/ GT when it comes to drivin' my car off of paved roads and drifting around turns like a maniac. i just hope this game will be a little bit more realistic w/ the consequences of taking turns or braking too hard or goin' off the pavement seein' as you're on two wheels instead of four. that might make the game a lot harder but i think makin' it as realistic as possible will only make it that much more fun.:2cents:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would want to powerslide out of a turn, and see how the game treats the unpredictability of literbikes. Speaking of which, it would be interesting to see if the developers will include headshakes or tankslappers.

·
Registered
515 Posts
not to diss em, but i wanna know if the game will use hayabusas as track bikes, cuz i'm pretty sure i'll wheelie and loop em on first gear :twofinger

speakin' of which, seein' as i'm still a noob to ridin', i've heard of tankslappers, but what r headshakes?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Getting it ASAP!

I saw Tourist Trophy at the NYC Motorcycle show (which sucked). Playstation had a trailer with a couple of systems set up. Tourist Trophy was on a large screen and it looked incredible. Graphics are tight, and game play look good. Can't wait to get it, I don't usually buy games when they first come out, but I will get this the day it is released.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
I want it. If its anything at all like GT4, I wont see the light of day when I get it :)

·
Registered
675 Posts
It's already released in Japan and it has some of the best reviews of any PS2 game to date.

the ability to select historical motorcycles is the best feature yet. I heard something like 70+ bikes from 1980 up.

·
Registered
515 Posts
played it during the long beach bike show in the playstation trailer. great graphics, controls are definitely tougher as I was constantly lowsiding through corners or crashing in gravel. That's not really a complaint because I believe its supposed to be harder to take a bike through a course without cutting through dirt as I always tend to do w/ 4 wheels :twofinger

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I hope its as good as its sounding. I wonder if they will ever do any remakes of some of the classics like Road Rash from the genisis system. I also hope its got a better control system than the recent ones like Moto GP 3. The controls were just to pissy in GP 3. The graphics look great on it though. I hope they have my 750 in there. I might pick my next bike by which one I like the most in the game:D Does anyone know if there is something like an expedition mode were you can go out stunting and do stoppies and what not? That would be pretty cool. Also a custom mode were you can pimp your ride like in the NFS series... I'm probly just dreamin on that part though...

Sepias

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tourist Trophy

I just tried Tourist Trophy, and it far exceeds my expectations. I usually prefer bike games too and this one is definitely off the hook. They have basically any bike you want to choose to ride, there are like over 100 of them...plus tons of international tracks. (City and closed-circuit). Anyone tried it yet?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts