Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking at my tires the other day, and after a few LONG and all too straight trips on the 748, the rubber is starting to look a little square. Unfortunately I seem to be putting more highway miles than twisties, so I was thinking of putting a longer life sport touring radial on soon. Any suggestions?

The Dragons are not wearing very long in the centers, and I was thinking Dunlop D220s or Michelin Macadam 100x tires. Anyone have any experience with these?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ran some Bridgestone BT020 's on the GSXR before I sold it and they worked quite well. They lasted much longer then the Metz ME Z1 's I had been running.

Phil

·
Registered
3 Posts
At the end of last season, I replaced the stock rear tire on my Monster 750 with a MEZ4. It is very similiar to the MEZ1 that I took off save for the harder center. I still have a MEZ1 on the front and it doesn't upset the bike having the two different tires on it. I would definitely get another set of MEZ4s when I am through with the pair on the bike. The only major difference I have noticed is the tendency to lock up the rear while braking hard. Its seems to break free easier than the MEZ1 did while standing the bike up straight. Corner/trail braking remains the same. I also noticed that the center tread is deeper than it was on the MEZ1 when both were new. I have about 1500 miles on it so far and it is wearing very nicely! Doesn't seem to be squaring off much at all and I commute to class/work most every day that is above 35 deg F. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just ordered up a pair of Metzeler M1 Sportecs, hope to have them on for next weekend. I'll post a write-up once they're scrubbed in...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I wouldn't get a harder compound tire just in case one day you happen to hit a backroad somewhere. I don't know how you like to ride but I know I like to have some grip when I'm hanging off the the side off the 996. I have the M1 sportecs (180) and it's an awesome tire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts