Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin is willing to giving me his 07 ninja zx6r(under 1200miles)for $2500 payoff amount. He getting deploy in aug and he doesn't have time to ride anymore. I plan on buying this and something smaller to improve my riding skills. I'm not gonna lie and say I will not ride it. would this be good investment?

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
You probably shouldn't use the term "investment" unless you're going to sell it off without having ridden it. What I think you're asking is if this is a good price. The answer is that it is insanely good if the bike doesn't have a cracked or bent frame and its functional.

By the way, definitely take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation course. It can and probably will save your life.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've taking the course already...bike has no defects and when I say investment...my wife wants to take the MSF next year. so if I think I'm ready to move up, I can give her the smaller bike or if I'm not ready to move up I can sell the bike and get something im more comfortable with.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
No offence, but it would be stupid of you to ride the 6 if you've gone and bought a smaller bike to improve your skills on. One ride of the 6 and you'll be thinking, "Hey, this is easy, I won't bother with the little bike." This would be a big mistake.

Take your time to hone your skills on the little bike. Give it a year. Seriously. There is far more to riding a bike than just keeping it upright. Any monkey can twist a throttle. You'll learn FAR quicker on the small bike as your brain will be able to keep pace with it. The 6 will react to your inputs quicker than you can process and you'll be chewing bitumen before you know it.

In a year, you can pass the little bike (and your year's worth of experience) onto your partner and jump on the 6. :thumbsup:

And remember ATGATT - All The Gear All The Time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts