Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are still some details to work out but provided I get the job I've interviewed for recently, I will hopefully be coming back down to metro-detroit in May. Also, with some luck, one of my friends is trying to pawn off a Ninja 500 for a grand. If those two pan out in my favor, I'll be looking to find some people to show me some nice roads as well as pass on their wisdom to a new rider. So far I've taken the course, got my endorsement and had the pleasure of taking a friend's bike around town, but I'm itching to get out again. Hope to see you on the road SOON. :)

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Welcome :cheers:

And there are jobs they're hiring for in Detroit? Really? I'd never have guessed.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
My compliments on your first bike for it is ideal as a beginners bike & from then on & at a later date or year, if you have the money, you can step up to something with a bit more power, yet the take-off is faster then most cages & can scoot you up to a good 90 mph.

Thing to do, once you get the bike, is try to find some parking lots that are not in use & do a bit of practicing as you took when in the MSF Course for this is YOUR bike & not the 125 or 250cc at the course. You want to adjust the hand & control levers to your liking plus what the bike will feel like in handeling. Espeially tight turns like in the box, to stopping to taking off.

Lots of chaps in your area & on this board that live fairly close to you, so you should not have any trouble in finding someone to ride with THAT will be a sensible rider. Personally I have riden ALONE most of my 61 yrs ofriding. It is sort of MY WAY. I also note that, in this area, a lot of riders do the same be they on sportbikes, HD, Cruises or Dual Purpose bikes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.

As for the Redline group, that's actually how I found my way to this forum. I figured I'd make a presence here and head on over to redline once I actually have my hands on that Ninja. And in regards to Smitty's comment, it's even been pre-dropped for me :) with just a minor scratch or two.

I'll definitely spend some time in the parking lot. My friend got his Magna a month or two after I got my endorsement and it took me a little bit to get used to riding again. Helped that he hadn't gotten his endorsement at that point, so I got to warm up by showing him all the tests.

As for the loan riding, I'm sure I'll do a fair share of that myself. I seem to be a sucker for being on the road, so even now I find myself driving around on all fours. I am, however, a bit of a sucker when it comes to camaraderie and still get a big grin on my face each time a fellow Wrangler or Jeep returns the wave.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts